Saturday, May 11, 2019

Catchip - April 24th - 28th

Well I did it again within the #52blocks52weeks, yeppers I again deleted my entire album and had to reupload the pictures again.  At least this time I know what and how I did it.  Hope I get this figured out before too many more weeks get added in?  Anyways here are my current blocks by themselves!  Thank you to the person who posted the No Waste Flying Geese method, I loved it and BOTH blocks turned out just about exact, only slivers to square to 6.5" size.  Not sure what I'll be doing with these extra blocks, but they won't go to waste that is for sure!  Maybe a pillow cover to go with the couch throw?


April 25th

Pat, Edna and I made it to my sister's in Dryden before supper and now relaxing before the 8am start tomorrow to setup for our quilting retreat weekend.

April 26th

Here we are working hard at the Dryden Sunset Quilters retreat!   I've finally finished my Morden Quilt Show Challenge top after taking it apart twice before I was happy with it.  Sorry no pictures till hung at the show! 🙃






April 27th

Lots of sewing and chit chat!  Today I completed the free motion quilting on my new Janome on my Morden quilt challenge and just about have the binding finished too.  Pat worked on finishing her quilting and added the binding, just needs to use my Brother to reach and finish quilting the inside blocks she couldn't reach with her machine.  Sylvia just about finished another UFO this weekend too! Edna kinda ran out of fabric from her strips package to finish off the blocks on the quilt she started this weekend - darn it!  And the five vendors here do not have similar fabrics this year.  Then I took a break to sew Amanda's curtain tiebacks and enjoy the evenings entertainment!







Awesome fundraiser!  Awesome retreat and it's not over yet!


April 28th

Sunday's wrap up Show n Tell.















Average speed was about 4.3 km/hr as we just enjoyed the beauty of nature.   12,406 steps


We're all tired out!!!  But Edna and I went for a walk after we got back to the house midafternoon.  The only thing is I forgot to shut off my walking program so it brought us down to 0.0 km/hr in 8 hours!!!!!  Totally wrong!!!

No comments: