Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Catchup - Mish Mash

Aug 9th - Churchill Last Day

Okay IF I was ever to come back again I'd definitely FLY to and from Winnipeg, no train even from Thompson.  But I did enjoy seeing all enroute, just too rough on my aging body!!!  

Sylvia and I went for a short walk, then I continued for a longer shopping picture taking walk myself.

Also Sylvia thought we'd not get much walking in but we sure did!

Aug 3rd Pisew Falls Thompson - 4,609 steps

Aug 4th train n Churchill - 1,252 steps

Aug 5th sight seeing Churchill - 9,571 steps

Aug 6th tour of Churchill - 4,192 steps

Aug 7th tour of dog carting and polar bear Tundra buggy - 6,562 steps

Aug 8th sight seeing Churchill and Beluga whales n Prince of Wales Fort - 10,570 steps (no wonder Sylvia's hips hurt and I was a hop-a-long)

Aug 9th to 3:30pm last minute shopping before boarding the train - 6,248 (2/3s on my own)

I'm TIRED!!!  I pray I sleep on the train.

The Churchill Hotel, our home this past 5 days.

I missed this across the street from the boots.

This was amongst the fireweed growing on the side of the road on one of our trips but I couldn't get it.

Tour company painting.

We're on the train hopefully leaving soon!  AND sleep too!



Awesome!!!


Aug 10th

Hey it's 5am and we're sitting in Gillam train station platform for 15 minutes now and finally some internet service! I wish we'd get going already as a speed of 30 km max this is taking forever and I'm too miserable with a cold to just sit here! Ohhhh well! Maybe our bag breakfast will be soon as supper was a long time ago!

Since no internet service on the train this was posted today!

Okay sunset shots from the cabins and a moon shot from the observation car. Along with some arrival shots at Thompson.





Not sure if a fishing lodge business or private residence, remote access by train only, awesome though.




Ohhhhh I can't wait till I get home to show you my awesomest purchases, so here goes.

LOVE THEM MUCHLY!!!!!  ❤️ 

The smaller one was from Churchill but I was minutes too late in getting the tote there too.  So we arrived in Thompson today and supper has been changed to pizza delivered to the hotel instead of 4:30 restaurant smorgasbord!  I totally love this tote and envied the ladies who had purchased them in Churchill!

So tomorrow we board the bus for home 7ish and departing 7:30 sharp!  Wonder how many will be on time!  I've two alarms set just in case!!!

No comments: