Wednesday, May 04, 2022

Catchup - May 2nd-4th

May 2nd

XXXX it's really snowing out there again!!!!!  This morning I thought there was fresh snow next to the fence but I decided NAH CAN'T BE!!!  And windy too!

Finally I picked up Edna and we snuck out to Assiniboine Park for a short 4km walk to check out the construction on the new conservatory.   Still a long way to go, I'd say. Then to Joe Black's for coffees and a shared Apple Jack, one coffee was free after 3-4 years of going there! 🙂🙃👏 Then both stopped to get groceries before dropping Edna at home and me feet up as my sciatic was acting up on the walk! 🥴

May 3rd

What a lovely day to have a country outing with Angela to her Mom's in Teulon! She took me on some backroads that I KNOW I'd not find my way again! 😉 So we had a brief visit then down to the sewing room where Joan let me take whatever fabric appealed to me. So there's some for me, some for Monica Smith and most for ABC quilts to add to the earlier pile Sylvia and I are working on! I've found lots of 'I Spy' type fabrics and some special fabrics for a quilt for gift giving!


Then back upstairs for a lovely lunch together before checking out the second hand stores and a discount store where I bought a t-shirt dress before heading home.
Then I went through the recycled jeans Adeline gave me and cut up a pile for my car quilts, 4 to pass onto a friend so he can chuck his tattered n stained ones, plus about half to be shared along with my quilt rack, with a friend soon! YEAH!!!! Another pile soon gone from my place.


After that I pulled out the terry toweling from Joan and cut out two hair drying towels, two hand towels and four face clothes and serged the edges! Awesome!


Enough!!! Now feet up watching TV!

May 4th

Another early morning and on the go fabric shopping with a Wok Box lunch compliments of Edna before more fabric shopping! Then on the way home we picked up coffee n muffins compliments of Sylvia at McDs and had a relaxing visit at Syvia's. Took Edna home and now relaxing with my feet up! Lovely day!

I was only to pick out a fabric to go with my Raggedy Ann n Andy fabric, was on sale so set to sew that up soon! And came home with some awesome brights for the next two ABC blocks quilts I've yet to plan out with some alphabet filling and on sale a nice brown for backings!


No comments: