Sunday, March 20, 2022

International Quilters' Day

March 19th

Global Quilt Connection is on.  This is for our MPQ membership and other quilting guilds world wide and viewed only 24 hours after uploaded.  Check their website for future events.


Awesome Global Quilt Connection presentations at this time.  Can't wait for the others!  💖💖💖  Thank you Kathy for the PDF cheat sheets for MPQ guild members.

Liz Martin said, "Thanks MPQ for these great intro to teachers and techniques through Global Connections. The added benefit of sheets to be printed for patterns and info is great. A good resource and a good reason for guild membership."

March 20th

OMGG I'd decided to stitch my hexies together while listening to the Quilt Sampler sessions. AND what comes up is Michelle Crawford EPP and her "flat back stitch" and medical tape to hold pieces together for her method. So I'm using her technique on my 1.5" paper hexies.








WOW!!! This is so very much nicer than the whip stitch with right sides together that I used to do!

Okay that's enough hand stitching on these hexies! I think I've got the technique down pat and just LOVE the overall effect!

Now I have to try masking tape next as I'm using this Nexcare paper tape up (it's years old).



No comments: