Sunday, March 27, 2022

Edna's Weekend

March 26th

Awesome spending the day with Edna walking her through the back basting hand applique technique.  I'd picked up Santa Lucia pizza and wine for supper.  Took a tour through the block too!


My butterfly project. 

Lower set of wings.

March 27th

What a lovely weekend with Edna!  We stitched, relaxed, watched some TV and chatted!  I demoed back basted hand applique and Edna practiced and I worked on my own new project.  


Now I know there's easier way for skinny stems or antenna but I continued this same method.  NEXT TIME I'll do the bias stitched tube, rolled  to hide the seam, and stitched in place that my friend Shirley taught me years ago!

Today she made bacon, eggs and toast for lunch as we had toast and fruit for breakie!  Then I finished off showing her my newly learnt hexies flat back stitch method before heading home!

No comments: