Thursday, March 17, 2022

Catchup - March 9th-12th

March 9th

Ohhhh I forgot to post this last week.  It's a candy dish Sylvia crocheted for Taunya for the awesome cacti she gave her!
And yesterday I took these pictures of street decor on Corydon.


WOW!!!

Love the closeup!

Way too cool!!!!


How cute!!!


And today I received another fabric postcard swapped! Thank you Cindy Shelby for your lovely card "Romance in the Air!" I'm surprised it survived the postal system with the chain adornment. 👏


March 10th

In one of my quilting groups someone pointed out sewing together actual blocks as leaders and enders. Well between Sylvia and myself I've a baggie of cutoff HSTs and I'm doing that while adding pieces onto my alphabets to make them even blocks. Awesome use of thread!!!! Whomever mentioned this, thank you for the tip!!! Much appreciated!!!


YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!!! Shumka Dancers!
Pat has gotten Sylvia, herself and I tickets to this and we are very much looking forward to it!



Well I edged two sets of ABCs blocks to equal size of 6.5" W x 6" H. Then while watching/listening to the Jets game figured out my layout and decided I'm going to square the blocks to 6" and one will only have one side add on. Will make a better finished quilt size this way! Dang it, should have figured it out first! 🙄

March 11th

Now this is a very worthwhile trucker convoy, not like these so called freedom fighters!!!!


🤣🤣🤣
Could be any province with this year's heavy snowfall and winds creating higher drifts!


Well I was gone for my massage Wednesday when snow cleaners came with the driveway free of my car. Then yesterday that dang wind blew the snow around but not enough that I needed to shovel out this morning! Not back an hour and they came again so I pulled out to give them the whole drive unencumbered! Just awesome!!! They arrive after the snow stops, perfect!

Ohhhh and here's the 'Crew' all behaved as it's treat time!!! HMMMM!!!


March 12th

Good morning! A lazy day catching up on curling I was too tired to finish last night watching after the Jets game. Glad Angie has them recorded but now tie game is duped but not deleting anything.
Back to sewing my child's ABC blocks quilts today. And got an ides for all the small sized HST cutoffs I've collected.



Ohhhh I'm so excited I heard of leaders and enders turning into a project! I've only been sewing this way a few hours and making a big dent in my excess HSTs. Can't wait to see four pieces sewn into a square and continue to build bigger!


I had to go out and out front looked OK and the back was a bit gusty, so was quite surprised when exited the development! Regent, Portage and Century/Silver were like light snow and blowing snow, sometimes white out conditions! Definitely not what the Weather Network says! Needless to say I was glad to be back to the dog, sewing and curling!
And a half hour later barely can see front or back!






No comments: