Saturday, March 26, 2022

Catchup - March 21st-25th

March 21st

Supper break from hexies stitching, think I'm hooked! Yummy chicken taco salad, minus tomatoes and green onions, I forgot to buy!

March 22nd

Ohhhh it's been a LONGGGG day for me with a happy tired! I met Sylvia for an early Sal's breakfast then to her place for a sewing day! With my Janome at KTR, I got to use her older machine. So added the machine binding to the one flannel squares quilt from awhile back. I also was treated to her yummy reuban sandwich for lunch. 😋 Then I quilted another of the flannel squares quilts and she showed me how to bring to the front the wide blanket binding. This too will be machine bound.



Blanket like binding.

Sylvia has been purging some of her boxes of photos and gave me a few that I don't have. 🥰 So here they are! See honest I did have blonde hair till about Gr 5!

Mom n ne taken Sept 1955

Doll Sylvia bought for me.  I still have too!

Marlene helping me out!

Me, Mom, Dad and Matlene - 
Either at Blue or Childs Lake

Marlene, Jim, me

Jim

Jim

Marlene, Florence, Jim, me

Florence, me, Jim 

March 23rd

Good morning! I thought it said 8:45 so up I got, showered, dressed and making breakfast and it's only 7:30 now!!!!! It's gonna be a very long day as I was up early yesterday too!!!!

But I get to sew on my newly arranged sewing table and Brother machine today. Adding on the last border for my MPQ ABC Scrappy Mystery Quilt, then next week back to Sylvia's to sandwich it!

Well Sylvia has completed and washed her MPQ ABC Scrap Bag Mystery Quilt. Soon to be passed onto the ABC program. She did an awesome job with some of the bag fabrics along with her own fabrics, using Pat Speth's MAB #6 blocks for her quilt.





March 25th

Heart wrenching! 💞🙏

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=5039002529480004&id=100001109216158

March 26th

Yesterday, finally Sylvia was able to have her "family plus me" Christmas gathering at her complex's community room. All her children, spouses, grandchildren, partners and one great grandchild were present - everyone totalling 18! The food and company were awesome. Even celebrated Byran's 25th (actually today), much to Astro's delight!

Hot foods!

Cold foods

Amanda, Justin and Astro 

Happy Birthday Byran!

No comments: