Tuesday, March 08, 2022

Crazy Day - March 8th

Awesome!  Especially those older ones not up to regulations and chucked out!


Hmmmmm not sure what I'm going to do with Sam! Again 4:30ish up to go out and this time I watched them all do their business before bed, but no lights on and I sent them back to bed! Yeah right 6ish it's Sam pacing, his tail tapping couch/floor/wall letting me know it's breakfast. So once fed, outside again, I try to go back to sleep, doors open. Again Sam back and forth 8ish trying to get me up! I come out, make coffee etc and here he's out cold smoring!!!! GRRRRRRR!!!! Gonna need lots of coffee to keep my mind clear on sewing!


This is what happens when the Bernese have the couch first and Sam wants in! Eventually Griffin will jump off and look at me probably saying, "I was there first, do something!", sorry buddy!


Awesome Sewing Day working on my MPQ ABC Bag Mystery with Pat Speth's MAB - Blocks #6 and #14 with my minor triangle changes! So the inner top and sashings are complete. All that's left is the 3" paisley outer border with cream/blue cornerstones, that's next week's job.  

I started off with these fabrics from my bag, dropped 3 fabrics, and added 3 fabrics from my stash! Picked out the two blocks that appealed to me, decided my fabrics/blocks, sashings and borders. When it came to MAB Block #14 I refused to cut up the lovely paisley so I sewed up a sample block as per instructions, then placed my square ruler on top the finished triangle and cut the paisley triangle a bit larger. With much fiddling around I did manage to sew it up, the repeats lots easier and squared them off!  

I feel good pulling this together! 🤗



My rejects.

My add ins from my stash.

My block plans.

My quilt layout.

MAB Block #6 A

MAB Block #6  

MAB Block #6 C

Sample MAB Block #14

Sizing for whole triangle insert.

My version of MAB Block #14

Inner top and sashings completed. 


No comments: