Sunday, May 02, 2021

Quilty Day #2

I'm JUST ABOUT finished the top for this challenge! Just the last outer border to do tomorrow then a bit of a rest and back to the quilting stage and binding, hopefully complete for May 15th deadline. Reveal will be after the challenge is closed.

I must say that initially I thought this may be a charity quilt BUT after much frustration, rippits, tears and a much needed learning curve, this baby is growing on me! See it's basically my first start to end design using basic blocks with my own twists, I'm thinking it'll now be MINE! 

So I've a final tally of the HSTs sewn for this quilt! From the scrap bag received I basically prepped 456 - 1.5" HSTs (many blocks were pieced for the initial 2" blocks needed, thus the mega frustration sewing through 6 layers of fabric. Then out of my 1.5m gold fabric along with the black sashings fabric I made up another 64 - 2.5" HSTs. So right now this is 46 3/8" x 52 3/8" size.  I'm praying that I've enough black left for the final 4" borders. Might have to go buy more black for binding though! 

The last 2 pictures show the trimmings from the scrap bag fabric and the left over pieces from the 1.5m used wherever. PHEW, I just made it with the scraps, guess I could have dismantled the extra block but forgot about it till AFTER the inner borders were sewn on! 🙃🙃🙃


2.5" and 1.5" HSTs used.

Trimmings 1" depth and extras.

Very few scraps and not much of thd 1.5m fabric left over.

No comments: