Friday, May 14, 2021

Catchup - May 3rd-10th

May 5th

Yesterday and today I worked up a few more summery masks and vegged out after my awesome massage and Chinese supper with Sylvia. 

Today was gathering my quilty stuff up and over to Sylvia's for sandwiching, getting ready to quilt my scrappy challenge! 

Also to the rescue as Sylvia experienced her first horrible colours bled on her quilt! She washed with colour catchers, rewashed with Resolve and colour catchers, but still bad. So she went to the store for some blue Dawn I suggested and helped her dab/rub on bad areas and she rewashed again! Wow lots better but still a couple spots so once again we did it and again into the wash! I left for home but she says it worked! YEAH!!!! First time I had an earnest solution for her! She's usually helping me! 💞💞💞



May 8th

Today with mixed feelings for our Covid situation, I stayed home and started my challenge quilting! I now know for sure, unless edge to edge walking foot quilting, I'll not be creative quilting on this size a quilt in future! Even with my Brother 1500 larger throat access it's still a PAIN!!! Nope in future only smaller lap or baby quilts for me! Here's a quilting sneak peak that I'm making into a small placemat for my dining tray.



Thanks for sharing Cherly! I'm sure my family and friends will like this.


What a beautiful morning 🌞 and my first viewing of goslings!!! I'm feeling quite relaxed visiting my friends in the backyard before the lockdown AGAIN!!! This is the first time I'm meeting lovable Sam, a rescue dog that badly needed Angie's awesome TLC!!! Totally a beautiful dog compared to seeing his first pictures upon arrival! He wants to be a lap dog for sure, then so does Wheels! Not gonna happen and glad they listen! I needed this interaction today! Hopefully reenergized to quilt later on again! 🤗💞🤗





Having a relaxing afternoon and tatted one half of a new pattern. This was tatted in Liz Metallic Mocha Brown #314 size 20. "Tatted Half Square Triangle" by www.be-stitched.com 

I'm going to do the other half in Liz Metallic Silver #311 size 20. Shuttles are from Shuttles by Design, I just love them!


Now AIN'T this the TRUTH!!!!!


May 9th

OMGG, I'm so sore after short spurts of quilting my scrappy these two days only a couple hours each with breaks to bury threads and repin etc! It's too much to handle for me, but I'll persevere and finish it off! 😉 I do like it though!!!

YIKES am I going to recover from all this quilting on this scrappy challenge, only halfway complete? I think I'm going for a walk tomorrow, weather permitting!

May 10th

Hmmmmm, I'm a Queen again! Was crowned Queen Brat years ago at the Western Retreat run by Susan Siemens way back when and now today again! But Kathleen says this current crowning is not a good thing! Oh well I think I'll savour it a few days before doing anything about it!


WOW, I've tried a new pattern by Be-Stitched.com, Tatted Half Square Triangle and thought it was a lovely design, even in metallics! And following up on my Sisters Scrappy Challenge quilt with around 500 sewn HSTs in it. This was done with Liz Metallic Mocha Brown #314 and Silver #311, size 20, finished 3" square at centres. I've made one but not sure which layout I like better and not sure if it'll be an ornament, pendant or clothing decor!!!


No comments: