Friday, September 20, 2019

Sept 10th-14th Catchup

Sept 10th

Here's some chuckles for you all!
Today was a very strange day for me!
I did something totally strange to my body and boy am I paying the price with my sciatic because of it!  I think I'd sooner walk 8 kms than do this too often!!!!  🤪🤣😬  See I decided to do some house cleaning, do I do it in start n stops, noooo, just begin till I drop dead kinda! Did dishes, cleaned out my plastics n stored away, printed off my current week's block and cut out ready to sew up, hand washed my new dress, swept n washed floors, packed some thrift store stuff, dismantled my AC, gathered it and summer chairs all into my locker!  Took out the garbage and gathered together recycling to drop off tomorrow at the depot. When I sat down I'm not sure I'll be getting up too soon!  🤣🤣🤣 

Ohhhh forgot to say, don't get too excited that I'll be having visitors soon, there's still a mess in here!!!!!  It's just a bit tidier!  Some day it'll be cleaned up totally!

Sept 11th

Today Edna and I were to go to Winnipeg Beach to walk the boardwalk and around town then to Gimli for her belated birthday meal of fresh pickeral she wanted.  Also to pick up from Fabriculous her basket from the Interlake Shop Hop but it was closed so we changed plans.  Lucky we're flexible!  Instead we walked part of the St. James Yellow Ribbon Trail where Edna was close to absconding with a guy's beautiful Rottie with orangy feet!  Also it's been a lonnnngggg time since I'd seen greyhounds on a walk and today we saw two beauties so well behaved!  It was cool but still enjoyable, with periodic stops to stretch out my aggravating sciatic! 



Then I did some work on my upcoming Toronto trip after Yvonne called me to check times!  YIKES, I can't believe I hadn't sent that to her.  Me baddddd!!!!!!!!

WELLLL I've finally caught up to date on my Canada blocks and even the selfie with week #32 "Confusion"!  I didn't realize how appropriate the name was till sewing it up and not only was I confused where which piece went but after all sewn up seems the beavers are confused of where they should be too!   🤣






Gosh I sure am pleased with the pattern instructions - sew up with very little squaring up waste, thank you very much Jackie White for this, I'm sure it's time consuming but I LOVE the weekly surprises! 

Also here is a group photo with all 35 weeks! 


This will be the last picture until late October when I'm back from a couple of vacations!  But after that I'll be working on the shadowing for each block then when all 52 weeks are complete and I've decided on block placements I'll add in the sashings.  That way I'll hopefully get my top completed early 2020!  It will be a miracle if I accomplish this plan!!!  🙏🙏🙏

Sept 12th

I'll be there!


Sept 13th

Even the rain didn't spoil our visit to Winnipeg Beach or Gimli, just our desire to walk!  We picked up Edna's Interlake Shop Hop basket, shopped at Fabriculous and enjoyed Edna's birthday lunch of fresh pan fried pickeral at Seagulls Restaurant.



Sept 14th

OOOOOMGG!!!!   That Wheeler is silly!!!!! 


Yesterday I caught him determinedly searching for something under the tree - birdseed from the feeders.  Today it's finding crickets along the shed AND catching them for crunchy treats!  What's next? 🤣🤣🤣

Ohhhh crazy me!  After the craft sale I relaxed a bit with the dogs. 




Then proceeded to plan and then cut out the cazillion blocks of the men's sample shirts!  My sciatic is going so crazy I could barely walk to the chair to put my feet up.  Nope I didn't finish off either!  Tomorrow's another day!  This way I've them ready for my October quilting retreats and hopefully have my commitment complete by December????

No comments: