Monday, May 02, 2011

Patch RRs Completed!

YAHOOIE I've completed two blocks that I've had a while now!  One was mine and it only needed one patch filled in so I stitched on a tatted dragonfly and anchored the body with crystals and then there are a few seams needed treatments and Dorothy has offered to finish this off for me!
Rose Anne's final patch

Rose Anne's patches all filled in now.

And here is Dorothy's block which had the bottom right corner bare yet so I added in three patches with embellishments.  And again Dorothy said she'd finish off the seam treatments (a job she just loves) and then her's will be complete too! 

Satin embossed fabric embellished.

This was a lovely piece of satin from Katie's box I received earlier with the flowers and bird embossed.  So I used silk floss for the bluebird and the upper flower stems.  Then with varigated cotton floss I covered some decor with a Kiko flower and then outlined the lower blossoms and satin stitched the tree branch.

Brazilian Dimensional Embroidered patch

This patch is hand dyed fabric from Dianne J (thank you it's awesome) and was the perfect background for Sharon Shetley's Blowin' in the Wind BDE design stitched with Edmar rayons.  I just love this patch and probably will be doing more on other blocks as it's so easy!

Dragonfly n Fireflies patch

And here I've also used a piece of Katie's stash again (thank you my dear) for my tatted dragonfly with crystal body surrounded with French knots that I'm saying are firefly sparks!!!

Dorothy's Patch RR

And here's the whole block with all patches filled in!  Can't wait to see which seam treatments Dorothy chooses to finish this off! 

No comments: