Sunday, June 21, 2009

Retreat Followup

Well so much for sewing with you retreaters - well maybe in spirit!

Anyways, so much for late nights, I crashed I think it was early for retreaters and just not with it today, but did go and visit with Sylvia and Len and Pat - actually was treated to lunch at Applebys in exchange of being their chauffeur for the shopping they both wanted to do and be back by 2:30 - well we did it!!! I even got nice PJ bottoms at Superstore and ordered the sunclips for my new glasses so I can STOP switching to the old pair and stressing my eyeballs!!! LOL! Think I'm gonna get those over the frames sunglasses they advertise on TV and leave those in the car - Walmart has them I think for $6.99!

On my way home I stopped at TIMs and got a large Ice Cap - YUMMY!!! Sure needed that today as my car was boiling; but with the fans on and the sun behind clouds it is cooling off in the apartment.

BTW I wanted to tell you about my awesome ValuVillage find yesterday! I usually stop in there to check out their doilies - to get some really nice crocheted/tatted ones that I cut up for trims for my CQing blocks and also fine crochet cotton in colours that are not sold here in stores for my own made motifs etc. WELL yesterday not only did I get some of both but I also found this huge rolled up bundle of cotton quilt batting - it was washed and nice and plush - for a WHOPPING $3.99 - WOW!!! So not only did I get one from Michaels last week at 50% off but now I have this one too at an awesome bargain. Not sure how many quilts I have for myself in the making, but I think I have enough batts for now.

Well maybe back to more stitching???

3 comments:

Susan said...

Rose Ann,
My husband is from Canada so you brought fond memories with talking about stopping at TIMs!!! :)
Glad you enjoyed your retreat and how wonderful to have people to enjoy it with!

Susan said...

Well I blew that one...hadn't read everything and somehow missed the part about being there 'in spirit'...I wish you had been able to go but sounds like you had some time well spent...:)

Rose Anne B said...

That's okay Susan, I was trying to figure out how to reply to you but am lost so posting here and hopefully you'll read it.
Thanks for all your comments and I find if I research things I sometimes remember better too and don't keep asking the group or friends for explanations! ;>))