Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Maybe a Close Call?

See we were to get Tshowers yesterday so before going to work I had properly shut down my PC and so when I came home after work/shopping I proceeded to turn it on and waited for the various start up to end. This went through as usual and my Yahoo opened up but by then my supper was heated and I sat down to eat. Nothing new and my screen saver came up and was working when I soon after came to read my mail.

NOPE no can do the mouse/screen were frozen so powered down, waited a few minutes and then powered up again. YIKES some type of boot failure error message and Ctrl Alt and Delete to reboot. Nope that did not work either and then another message about insert system disk and enter - whoops not sure which that is so I shut down.

WELL this morning obviously it's working!!! Thank the LORD! So tonight I better do another backup as this is too scary for me and the last one was Oct. 2008! Guess just because this baby is only a few years old does not mean it can't fail!!!

3 comments:

Dale Anne said...

Do you have a surge protector power bar?
Then, you don't have to worry about lightening storms.

Sounds like your computer is tired.
When was the last time you defragged?

Linda Mullen said...

Dale Anne,

I've had something blow on a surge protector before. I unplug my laptop every morning before I leave for work AND all my sewing machines "if" they call for thunder storms.. I have multiple surge protectors too but after a problem with one, and only one item died and 4 others were fine.. Sooo better be safe than sorry I say.

Jo in NZ said...

RoseAnne, i think it is the beginning of the end.This sounds like what my last pc did. It went on and off for a while, but then one day NOTHING. Save anything you really want/need to disc, or find a computer guy...
Jo