Monday, June 29, 2009

Finally Getting Somewhere!

Okay, I've finally finished off the two Patch RRs from another group received back in mid-May!!! Yep I've done my part on these two blocks and will have them in the mail tomorrow to Dorothy. Phew, it's been a long haul trying to get things done when you're not your old self - sometimes the creativity just was not there, nor the get up and go to get to it!!!


Anyways, first is Katie's Patch RR which she's requested primitive embroidery. Well she had me stumped but I finally came up with my King of the Pond patch after my CQd frog for Tami popped out on my screen saver - YAH!!!!!!! Hope I got the "primitive embroidery" Katie?



Then I fell in love with the patch that Dorothy put onto my block and knew I was doing a beaded dragonfly on it - like flying over the grass or fields or forests!!! Hmmm now that it is done I maybe should have placed it onto my green velvet or a lighter patch. Oh well it's too late now but I'm danged happy with my result!!! I think that is the first time I'm truly happy with my dragonfly and I've attempted a few in the past.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I like it on the seam between the browns. It is a more subtle effect. More natural. And, yes, this one did turn out very nicely!