Wednesday, June 03, 2009

NZer visiting Canada!

Well I must say I was so pleased that my "Kiwi Patch Pal" for the past ten years or so was coming to Canada this summer - but yet very dissappointed as the cost was toooooooo much for a stopover in Winnipeg. So Sandra and her parents arrived out West, took a bus tour to Banff and Jasper (WOW!!!) and back to Vancouver Island before setting a spell in Vancouver at a time share. I was praying to win the lottery so I could make the trip out there to visit at least the weekend with her but even airmiles did not amount to enough for such a trip nor Lady Luck!!! Try as I did, I also could not rustle up any quilting friends from there to meet Sandra even for coffee.

Then Saturday they travelled to Toronto and ELAINE (bless her heart) said she'd try to meet up with Sandra who was there only three days this time - short and sweet I hope!!! And yes they did meet up for the morning and apparently had fun too! So please go to Elaine's blog for the day's adventures and pics. I can't tell you how happy I am Elaine that you were able to do so, just like you did (and others too) when I years ago made the trip out East and you took me to the Quilt Shop where you worked - WOW!!!

Now they are off to Hawaii for a visit and I wonder if there are any quilter friends of mine there that would like to meet if possible? Hmmmm!

No comments: