Saturday, June 20, 2009

Missing My WR Retreat!

Yep, this is the weekend that a smaller group of CdnQuiltSwappers called Western Retreat have their annual quilting retreat at Sylvan Lake, AB and I could not make it this year - thought I'd do some home sewing in "retreat spirit". The first couple of times I flew out but hated the 3-4 day turnaround for such a long trip so then I packed my stuff into my older car and drove out by myself (except for one year with my sister in her van). Sometimes I'd pick up others along the way and a fine time we would all have and also I'd visit before and after taking a two-week vacation. BUT as I said this year that was not possible, but hopefully I'll again be part of the quilting fun in other years!

Well I've done basically no sewing so far but after a marathon of shopping last night and earlier today, I was relaxing crocheting hearts and pansies while WAITING patiently for my first time doing my PC Backup. See it's been giving me a black screen with system error lately - it's just to XXXXXXXXX hot in this apartment when the fans aren't on (don't leave the on unattended). Now the Backup is complete and I'm breathing easier knowing if it crashes I've got my stuff at least. Might not have the money to buy a new PC but in time.

So now back to checking emails etc. Tomorrow I'll get to visit with my sister Sylvia who last week drove to Dauphin to visit Dad who is doing OK but could be mucho better if he ordered the meals brought in but they cost too much and he does not like what is there etc etc etc. Oh well!!!

So onto seeing if I can get back to my sewing projects!

No comments: