Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Another CQd Block Completed!!!

Okay this was very unusual and quite the honour for me and it's finally finished and it's still JUNE (suggested deadline) and I'll be mailing it back to it's owner tomorrow!!! See Lyn G emailed me back in February asking if I would work on her one remaining block for her "Mini Seanes" series embellished by her cyber friends. How could I refuse? WELL I can tell you I was "scared" as this was the first time I'd be working on someone's whole block by myself. I thought it was hard doing patches and seam treatments with others together on one block - HUH!!! Oh well maybe I'm finally taming some of those anxious feelings of working on others' blocks??? I sure hope so!

Anyways here is the naked block I received and my various embellishment steps to the "finish"!!!
"Lyn's naked block"

my scrunched chiffon sandbar with various beads and charms

with embroidered seaweed etc

closeup

with sea creatures: chiffon and SRE jelly fish, fish button and beaded/embroidered crab

SRE fish - upper half

- lower half

see angled clam shell and hidden pearl?

"finished" block!

Now I sure hope that Lyn is pleased with her block and this too was a learning curve for me and hopefully future blocks. And I can't wait to see this series completed - I've seen some blocks and just can't figure out how these are going to be put together!

3 comments:

Thelma said...

What an awesome job you have done! Lynn will be really pleased with what you have done I am sure. If not you can send it to me. lol just kidding. I know she will love it.

quiltlion said...

I can hardly breath! It is so awesome! Thank you so much! I will be jumping around until it gets back to me! Lyn G

Anonymous said...

You have nothing to worry about - the block you did is lovely.
Marci