Monday, April 20, 2009

Some Weekend

Okay it's been one of those weekends that I kinda wish didn't happen. Friday night I can't even remember what I did - now that's bad! And Saturday morning I slept in and then rushed out to pick up the girls to go to an earlier than planned guild meeting as it was also our International Guilds Day - our sister guild from Grand Forks was bussing up for a visit! Talk about a yucky start for them some up at 3:30 for a 4:30 am start and still they didn't arrive until 10:30 (half hour being lost in the city too) and it was SNOWING or trying to again!!! Well we hoped so as we are in the midde of a "flood" and the Red River in places is 17 km wide - YIKES! Thankfully Winnipeg has a floodway around it or we'd be lost but many of the communities and farms around and in low areas are flooded badly.

Then I went home and settle for the evening with a pounding headache so just relaxed and did some stitching off and on. Woke Sunday still not 100% so again just coasted and stitched and watched curling and hockey once again. Finally had to force myself out the door to do some grocery shopping and then back home. Where I then found out my cousin (a few years older than me) who has been battling breast cancer a few years now developed complications and succumbed to various bone fractures and Saturday morning passed away! Linda had retired a few years back so she'd be free of stress to help with her fight - a terrible loss!

So after that news I settled into finishing my CQ block and baked a cake too!

1 comment:

AMBER said...

I am so sorry about your cousin. Amber