Wednesday, April 01, 2009

It's a Winter Wonderland again!!!

Ohhhhhh I wish I was ten again and no work etc (even though I'm on vacation today but busy) and can just go outside and make snowman and snow angels and all the other snow games we used to play as children!!! Mid afternoon it started to snow lightly and by supper these huge fluffy flakes were just pouring down and all my shovelling gone to pots again. When we ventured out for our late evening walk the dogs were not impressed with me but Molly (at least I think it is she) started to cavort in the snow in all directions trying to even catch the flakes. WELL if I could have figured out how to WALK and HOLD their leashes and TAKE pictures I'd have tried but there was no way I was that ambidexterous(???)!

BUT what a mess I had when we got back inside (thank goodness it was warm out) these poor puppies were snowballs in themselves!!! It took me an HOUR of alternating towel drying and picking at the stubborn packed snow in their long hair before they finally decided enough of this and went and enjoyed their treats then curled up in their spots and snoozed. I turned up the fireplace to take the chill out of the living room and we all relaxed! PHEW!!!

THEN I wake up and if possible more SNOW and I had like 4-5 inches to shovel before I could venture out and the dogs did their business on the backyard walkways I made - chuckling - guess they had enough of that snow too yesterday and weren't venturing out there on their own for sure! I even had to shovel and brush off layers of snow from my car too but it did maneuver out and around so far. BUT it's still snowing with mush at ground level.

No comments: