Wednesday, April 01, 2009

I've HAD IT WITH WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh darn I never thought I would say that, but after today I just want it over with for the year now! Well it's kinda my fault (maybe I should have bought GOOD winter tires) but still this nice springy weather and then winter again is not doing much for my frame of mind nor after all this shovelling for my poor old BOD, never mind my old baby either (83 Parisienne)!!!

See I made it out of the carport and through the slushy snowy backlane and did not to bad driving around all day today. I even accomplished lots and ordered my new glasses too boot! BUT and that is a major big BUT when I tried to come home and park in the carport again - nah nah nah major problemos. Then my car got hung up on the ruts and don't ask me HOW but slid sideways (just like in the movies to fit that car just so in the parking spot???) and the left tail light was prefectly lined up with the right 6 inches of the garage wall with about 6 inches room in between and the rest of the car lined up for the carport!!! NOW WHAT!!!! Talk about heart racing scared as there was like a good foot of snow in the parking spot across the lane so could not venture into there at all. Well I got out and looked at the wheels and the situation and then got back in, prayed, then gave her the gas and she went forwards a bit, then backwards realigning the car for the carport this time and slowly but surely back and forth I got unhung!!! I drove out onto the road in front and promptly got stuck parking TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Needless to say I was ready to cry!

YOWL now what to do??? So I left the car, unloaded the purchases, let the dogs out and back in, then shovel in hand spent like half an hour shovelling and scraping the carport and back lane in the direction I needed to get in. Okay that was done and NOW I know why heart attacks happen after shovelling - I was just a mess of jitters, hot as can be and head ready to burst with the pounding headache. And I was going slow too!

Okay, then the shovel to the front as rocking the car did not get it out of the soft snow!!! So I spent another half hour or so shovelling around the wheels so they could grasp the pavement and rocked her a bit and VOILA unstuck. Then had to stop and get the shovel into the car as I did not want anyone to drive away with it while I was trying to park again!!! So around the block and onto the lane for a second try to get into the carport. WELL lickety split got in without a hitch or slip at all.

THAT's IT, I may not venture out with the car until it's time to go back to the apartment! It better warm up and melt or get back to proper winter conditions! I don't like this inbetween stuff. It's down right too messy and I can't afford to buy a 4-wheel for that reason.

Now I'm relaxing and have some finger food for supper and visit with the dogs!!!

2 comments:

Joy said...

OK - now I am totally exhausted just reading your blog. I think you should just stay home and sew.
We had snow today too but it was mixed between rain and snow so it didn't stick.

What ever happened to Global Warming?

Judy said...

What a terrible day!! At least you ate, after all the shovelling!! I would have been tempted to forget the whole idea!
Take care, my dear!