Monday, April 20, 2009

CQd Block Finished

YAHOOIE it's been a long haul but my 6" CQd block for Mary Lou (Whoopsie it should have been for Lynn) of the CQ-CA group is finally finished. AND I've decided I don't care for the starting or finishing of embellishing a block!!! I don't mind the middle part but for some stange reason I have trouble getting an idea started and then also finishing it off and I can notice that especially!!! SHOOT!!!

Okay, here's the bare block, not so great eh? I know I just about took some pieces out or even contemplated redoing it totally. But decided to just work with it instead.



Then here is the block finished! Not bad if I say so myself. I maybe have overdone the embellishing compared to the other ladies in this group - hope not - but in the international group they work on covering the whole block so I was using this block as my testing ground so to speak.



Yep they "fill it up" so I've lots to overcome to get to that stage and even while this block is on the design board can see some open spaces which others would have worked in but I'm leaving it as is. Yep it'll be mailed hopefully Tuesday!

No I didn't do the tatting, it is a piece of a doily I cut apart and then tacked in place with beads. Now the crocheted heart, yes that is something I did and also attached with beads. And yes all the stitching was done by MOI and by hand, alongwith the beaded spider. Yep I like this one and don't even notice the background fabrics like I did before, except as the background. So here are some close up pics of the block too!





Hope you like it Mary Lou! Now I've pie on my face as I did not follow my own instructions and now the colours are totally wrong for Lynn - what to do??? So Lynn if you still want the white/cream please say so and I'll get right to it and hopefully you won't have to wait too long! SORRY!!!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Wonderful work, Rose Anne!! I am hoping to get started on the embroidery for your block this week. I am feeling SO much better! Today, I was even walking at my normal speed!! I have the whole Halleluiah chorus singing in my head, I am so happy to be getting well!