Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day!!!

Well I did it, but just about gave up! See Investors Group out in the southern industrial area decided to have a free electronic drop off from 3-7 pm today and I hauled off my broken TV and VCR along with the VHS rewind machine too. See I was in that area today so more convenient for me. AND talk about the line ups. But I perservered and within 30 minutes was out of the lineup and on my way - PHEW!!! So now I don't have to wait for May 1st and haul it off to the north industrial park and pray the government recycle program is once again in operation so I don't have to pay the $55 or $15 fee for those not working items of mine.

So after that I zipped over to Costco's to check out their Pharmacy as I heard you don't need a membership to get your prescriptions filled and their handling fee and pill costs were the lowest around. Well I've paid $39.69 for one month's supply and $60.17 for two months supply and today I picked up "three months" supply for $60.09 - WOW!!! Now if I picked up the "six months" supply it would be slightly cheaper yet!!! But I wasn't sure if I had the funds to do this time, will check out for the next round for sure!

Then I ended up at Byran's LAST school concert and boy has he ever improved on his keyboarding and I can't wait for his music class recitals coming up in June! Now that's when Auntie starts crying and then he's embarrassed as I'm taking pictures and hugging him afterwards! I've been told I have to tamp down my enthusiasm - hmmmmph, isn't that Mom's, Auntie's and Grandma's perrogatives!!! After the concert I dropped by the house and saw the awesome tiles laid in the foyer and the newly painted bathroom with light fixtures installed (beautiful), now just gotta get the plumbing in there and the door and finally after a zillion months might have a decent "bathroom" and give the overused basement one a rest finally!!! LOL!

They even have the beautiful den kinda-French door but fogged glass; the kitchen cupboards (look real nice too) and the hardwood floor boards in the house ready to be installed - wonder when that will be? BUT shoot it's beginning to look like a house again instead of that bare rafter hollow!!!

3 comments:

Linda Mullen said...

Doesn't your work insurance pay for your prescriptions?

Linda Mullen said...

PS: Saw you at the IG building, you were with someone unloading your car, we were in the queue waiting to get in. We proably left 5 to 7 minutes after you. What direction where you coming from?

Joy said...

It sounds like you had a very productive day.