Sunday, March 02, 2008

Back to Work!

BUT I don't want to!!! Hmmm two years and three months then hopefully lots more vacation time than the earned six weeks/year???

Okay I'm back to my normal life (if that is possible - LOL) and a messed up apartment (as usual) as I've sort of unpacked but not put things away. I need this stuff as I'm gonna try to work on various projects needed ASAP.

I thoroughly enjoyed my week vacation with my sister and BIL and even succeeded in completing or make headway with various UFOs and current projects. Here's me finishing the binding on my MPQ Quilt Reflections 2008 wallquilt challenge for the silent auction with proceeds going to Helping Hands Inc. for Manitobans with Breast Cancer.



Then here is what's left of that awesome Dandelion Days fabric after both Sylvia and I fussy cut our centre floral flairs out. And following that is my proposed wallquilt layout (not finished yet).





AND Sylvia very kindly walked me through the stitching up of the blocks for the 96 FQs scrappy quilt which actually makes up two quilts. Can't wait till I can actually get into and see all I have in my sewing room and start on this baby! Hopefully I can remember the steps!!!

And here are the two Stair Step spacer blocks (perfect size - YAHOOIE!) for my already completed nine star blocks for the dreaded Moondance quilt - getting closer to putting blocks together and then hopefully the machine applique of the flowers, dragonflies, bluebirds and maybe butterfies, then stitching the top tog, the assembly and quilting process - long road ahead yet.



And remember that Alberta Clipper that hit Manitoba on Thursday well the snow started to fall in NW Ontario that evening and the next morning Len said the snow was against the door and he proceeded to shovel us out and then took the snowblower to the driveway. Here's what he looked like coming in and some fell off already.



I left their lovely hospitality Saturday afternoon and stopped in overnight to visit with Adeline in Kenora and we gabbed some along with stitching too! I worked on my Celtic table topper and have like 6 inches left, so the end is in sight for this baby too!!! Then I can start stitching the borders together in the octagon shape. I can't wait for the last stitch and then more pictures.

Here's Adeline with her 3/4 inch finished strips in the Barn Raising Log Cabin method. She definitely was having fun!!! This time I didn't have pictures of her cat but she definitely insisted on her time on Adeline's lap especially after coming in from outside! (chuckling) Yes lots of times using the lint brush!!!



Okay so guess it's time to get off this baby, get some supper, read my Canada Post mail and hopefully stitch up something yet tonight! Lots to do but not much time before the MPQ Quilt Show April 11th - 13th at the Canad Inn (Polo Park) here in Winnipeg.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose Anne,EVERYTHING you did on your vacation turned out beautiful. Are you sure that was a vacation? Looks like you worked pretty hard. That"s the fun kind of work though!!! Welcome home!! Debbie--rquirion@roadrunner.com

Susan said...

Everything is wonderful. I love what you are making with the daisy fabric, and I love your spacer blocks, too. That's a combination of colors I haven't used yet! You challenge quilt is gorgeous, too. What a wonderful week for you!

I like Adeline's log cabin, too.

Jo in NZ said...

RoseAnne, please do try me stitches, and post a pic when you are done. I would love to see what you do.
XX