Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Nice Day So Far!


First off a belated thanks to Lynn B for this lovely CQ'd bookmark I received some times last week and sort of misplaced! Aren't they sweet??? I just love these little treasures.

Yep, I kinda vegged out last night and even "found" my couch - that's right I sort of put things away in an orderly fashion into my messy sewing room and now have a couch to sit on instead of a storage area! LOL! I then relaxed with a glass of wine and gathered my paraphenalia for the guild meeting.


I woke to a lovely day and proceeded to gather my fellow quilters and off to the meeting in my YUCKY filthy car. I think I remembered to do all I was supposed to, getting ready for our Quilt Show next month and even had change to buy raffle tickets and GUESS WHAT - YEP I won one of the prizes - a 200 page notebook of 1/4 inch squares (for drafting), a Winter 2007 The Canadian Quilter magazine (has a couple of patterns I'm interested in), an Olfa "Orange Calantha" 45 mm rotary cutter and a large magnetic Fons&Porter red heart that has a separate part to set your needles aside from your pins!!! Nice gift! And I picked up Sylvia and mine Boutique record sheets to record our "crafted items" we wish to sell at the Quilt Show. I've even shared my old Lewiscraft display stands in case they could use them.

Then before leaving the meeting I cleaned off my windows and Edna treated me to lunch at Tim Hortons and shucks neither of us won a prize on the Roll-UP game! Then after dropping her off I stopped into the car wash and WOW a nice clean outside at least and all windows are see through!!!

As I headed home I came across Nygards on Broadway and zipped in. Talk about a "waste" of funds in trying to bring NEW YORK to Canada - especially when shortly after opening this, he closes down the Manitoba plant!!! Leaves me with the feeling I should not buy anything with his label - but then I really did find something in the 50-75% off section that appealed to me so I caved! Yep I picked up two dressier t-shirts (periwinkle blue and a red) for $12 each and then an awesome burnt orange with tone on tone embossed flowers overshirt that fits to a "T" with roll-up buttoned sleeves for $13.95 and a neato necklace to go with it for $8.95 - YEP I shouldn't have but I could not resist. So now I have an outfit for the Quilt Show Banquet using one of many pairs of dress pants I got from Pat!!! Talk about a bargain for a change for me!!!

So now I'm at home gonna check emails and checking on curling and soon to be stitching my needlecases to hopefully get as much as I can ready earlier than later for the Quilt Show.

No comments: