Sunday, March 09, 2008

Closets Purged!!!

Yep, I continued, upon waking, on emptying the apartment storage closet and made some progress before Angela arrived. Together we emptied it all, then sorted again as to keep, garbage and Value Village and then that was finished. What a difference I can actually get my vacuum in and out without fighting with it and various other stuff fallin on me!!!



Well you should know Angela by now, she promptly moved over and opened the hallway closet and YIKES stuff fell out onto her - I TOLD HER NOT TO OPEN IT!!! LOL! But no more than three-quarters of an hour later we had that cleared out too. What a go getter and so organized - definitely not me - but hey I know what pile has that fabric I want!!!



Well we had storage stuff moved to the nifty metal rack I moved to the locker this morning (remember that nice empty space in the yesterday's pictures) and hauled the garbage out and only one box for Value Village this time and maybe some plant stuff for Randy (Pat's hubby) and one box that Angela took for her SIL and the Santa Suit we sewed some 15-20 years ago together for the Camera Club, that she's giving to her parents for their village Santa Suit rental cause.

Phew another aspect of my apartment cleared up, now just the sewing room and then maybe my dining and living rooms cleared out so I can actually "e n t e r t a i n" again!!! WOW I just can't believe my computer area - you can see the FLOOR, now just to clear off the top and WOW!!!

Then we stopped for some tacos and salsa and much needed water to wet our whistles and sat down to watch the afternoon curling with me stitching and Angela continuing on shredding my box of bills. Yep something definitely wrong with this so I stopped stitching and help by pulling the cazillion staples out while she shredded - she teased me that I kept the staple business in operation that is for sure. This continued until the pizza arrived and we ate and sipped on wine while watching the evening curling.

Yep she was at it again, checking out the sewing room and asking how I visualized it to be. She's anxious to help clear out that sewing room, but I'm not touching that until I get another large pantry (and on a good sale too) then the FUN will begin all over again. She commented on the fact that maybe the next time she comes she can actually sit on the sofa!!! Cheeky brat!!! I've also to go through my kitchen cupboards as there are things I never use that definitely someone else might want or just garbage. WELL, I finally convinced her to STOP and then helped her out to the car with that box and now I'm checking emails. I'm ZONKED!!! Think it will be to bed soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your newly purged closet looks great! I've been hauling old, not-worn-in-six-months clothes to the Goodwill in hopes of cleaning out closets soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

Susan said...

Wow, your closet looks great! What a terrific friend Angela is. It sounds like the two of you had fun, too, though!