Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm a HAPPY CAMPER

Oh yes Oh yes that is for sure!
And I'm just having a glass of wine!!!


See after a pressure filled February and so far into March I'm actually accomplishing lots either in my purging of my messy apartment or in my quilting projects! And I'm very pleased with myself!

Now I'm just back from dropping off my crazy patched and embellished bookcover at the PO to fly off to one of my CQ Friends - a small swap that group asked me to put together. So hopefully my friend will love what I've done for her and for once the postage was under $4.00 (airmail) so hopefully it will be in her hands within a couple of weeks!!!

front cover

back and front

upper back

upper front

centre front

lower front


I even learnt two new stitch combinations for this baby! One was the "Arched Stitch" (check out photo upper front - green and gold seam finish) which JO in NZ had featured in a postcard - just lovely and the other was the Feather Stitch Combination (check out photo upper back - sand seam finish) from "The Magic of Crazy Quilting" book by J. Marsha Michler (page 49). I thoroughly enjoyed embellishing this bookcover even if the actual sewing up was tricky for me - naturally I did not follow the pattern!!!

Now since I was the swap hostess I know who is making mine but she's tricked me and is not posting the pics into our group photos until I've received it - I LOVE surprises!!! I'll naturally let yah all know when it arrives! (chuckling)

And here are two bookmarks I've received so far from my CQ-CA group swap - remember mine posted Feb. 21st - these little treasures are sure turning out to be something the gals should be proud to display and/or use. I've three more to arrive as yet and will post then. The first is from Diane B and the second is from Mary S - ain't they something?




March 13, 2008 (7:40 am)

Well so much for my enjoying that glass of wine last night and for some stupid reason I moved it from the mouse tray where I usually keep my glass/cup to the keyboard drawer. While answering an email I had gotten up to get something and swung my chair around and YEP in goes the drawer and over goes the glass of wine. Now luckily it knocked it down and not over totally and busted glass everywhere too, but SHOOT that was the last glass and I needed it to unwind!!! Oh well I was also fortunate it did not find it's way onto the keyboard - but gosh it sure wreaked!!!

No comments: