Sunday, March 16, 2008

Awesome Day!!!

Well I woke to sunshine and warmth in this apartment so it must be so outside too and it's 3:00 pm and it still is a lovely blue sky out there. I talked with Dad and even he was outside yesterday with his scooter - WOW! BUT I'm inside and thoroughly enjoying myself!!!

Oakie dokie I'm really getting on the ball this weekend. Not only did I "find" my couch from under all that fabric, books, laces etc, but I'm stitching too!!! And I cut out all the felt pieces for my needlecases for the Quilt Show Boutique and stitched over half of them into place ready for the hand blanket stitch edgings I'll be doing during work breaks and all Easter weekend while visiting family. Yep I can't just sit there my hands have to be doing something and once I've cleaned up for Dad we either go for walks or watch TV.

GOSH I just LOVE my new printer and the scanning ability which is tonnes better than my digital photography when it comes to showing off my creative flat projects. Just LOVE IT!!!

Well the other day I took the upholstery fabric samples I received from another quilter and promptly used them for my CQ-CA Mystery Project. I've been itching to use them in postcards but with so many projects that I need to get caught up on that is on hold. So since the end results will be for me I thought I'd try them on this. I stitched up my crazy patched blocks, added lace trim on each and now have started the various embellishment Steps for this project. I guess some would say it's not really a mystery if I'm posting pics on the works but some in the group have not done hand embroidery and I really want to include everyone so I've decided I'll post my pics to give them ideas of how things could be worked besides the websites I listed. But I've asked that they keep their photos secret until I ask for them for the end project and competitions. So without further ado here is Step #1.



Now back to the drawing board and dreaming up Step #2 and so on.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Hi Rose Anne,
Thank You for posting your photos. It really helps me
understand the steps. I
guess I'm one of those people
who likes to learn through
visual tutorials.

Joy A.