Thursday, March 27, 2008

Another Incoming and My Postcards


Okay today's mail brought me my last bookmark from my CQ-CA swap and I love the different angled shape and the flowers on "green"!!! Thank you Judy!

Actually here's a pic of all my bookmarks and I like them all and see that the girls played with the idea too! Well done!!!


Yes it's been a while since I've shown some of my postcards but I'm trying to finish off items for the MPQ Quilt Show and these are a few for that event. Now most of these were halfway finished so I just had to print off my backs, sandwich them all together and satin stitch the edges and VOILA - finished - even used the scanner instead of the camera! LOVE this new printer that is for sure!!!

Okay first off is my first postcard (but second attempt) at the technique "upside down applique" - a class I took on Quilt University but as yet not finished my actual project - YIKES!!! I LOVE this technique as there is no fusible at all, instead a tear away stabilizer is used along with an anchoring stitch before doing the satin stitching - so some poofiness.

Then these four are "Just Because" to friends that I promised cards a coming when I started the class.

Now these two are ones I'm hoping to sell in the Boutique - different! So now I've just to finish off two "Pink Ribbons" postcards and I'll have 16 all ready and packaged for the Boutique.


And these precious Victorian Ladies are also for the Boutique - embellished with Brazilian Dimensional Embroidery, beads and some metallic embroidered accents. I've made up a number of these for other swaps and even tried one with red flowers but YUCK too overpowering but I kept that one for myself to remind me to keep the colours soft!!! Now the first is with a medium grey for the satin stitching - like a frame and the second one I've just finished tonight and reverted back to the cream and really I'm not sure which I like better! DUH!!!


And this final image, but definitely not least, is a precious glittering angel (approx 3 inches) machine embroidered for me by Linda M using the Marathon Metallic thread she was testing out (LOVELY metallic with a gold thread in it too but not really visible here) but sadly will not be produced for sale. Ain't she sweet - just like me eh???


Again thank you Linda as you know I LOVE angels!

No comments: