Friday, February 29, 2008

What I've accomplished!

Yahooie I've figured out my sister's PC for pictures and can upload my camera through her all-in-one printer with my memory card - so easy! She has to use her cable but that went smoothly too - yep I'm teaching her more stuff - poor girl!!! LOL!





This is a Bear Paws quilt top that Sylvia finished off this week - WAHOOIE!

Well I finished off her crocheted top kitchen towel (no picture).

Also worked on finishing off the two 21" colourwash quilt blocks ready for the flower appliques for the centre of my quilt someday to be finished off. I've yet to do the other three corners and the inbetween side border blocks. My plans are for various flowers in a ring connected with a vine appliqued using the Upside Down Applique technique I've just learnt on Quilt University.



I also completed my "Earthy Flair" MPQ Quilt Show Challenge wallquilt to be handed in March 15th. I also cut out another one for myself out of the Dandelion Days fabric line but not quite finished that as yet. AND Sylvia made one for herself but she says she's cursed the pattern instructions along with me a few times.







The one on the left is Sylvia's and the right is mine.



Here is mine just laid out to see what it will look like and I've got to buy more of the mossy green to finish off the binding.

Then I stitched up six of my hand form pincushions, turned right side out but not stuffed - will finish off in Winnipeg.

I've been working on my Celtic table topper in the evenings and just about finished the hand stitching and then need to add the false border and 2" border before the binding.

I'm still hoping to stitch up at least one of the Moondance "spacer" blocks just in case it does not measure up to what is specified. Then Sylvia will be able to help me determine what is needed to make it "FIT"! She's my lifesaver when it comes to patterns not working out for me! AND this Moondance has been one heck of a challenge for me right from the beginning!!!

And here is Len coming back from a session of ice fishing while we are sewing and PCing! We had a yummy supper of Trout one day!!! Thank you Len. Yes they have lots more snow than Winnipeg had (well at least when I left last weekend) and last night we got another dump on the tail end of the Albert Clipper that zipped through SW Manitoba and into NW Ontario.

2 comments:

Linda Mullen said...

Lovely pics. Thanks for sharing.

Joy said...

Wow Rose Anne. It's looks like you have had a very productive visit at your sisters. Good for you. Great pictures.

Joy A.