Sunday, February 17, 2008

2008 Gimli Retreat

What can I say about the Lakeview Resort and their hospitality along with their sponsors for this lovely get-away quilting weekend!!! I enjoyed myself immensely even if the weather was a might wicked for road travel home today! I even accomplished something and so did the others in my party. There were also some lovely projects that others were working on too even if I didn't take every picture. We even zipped out on Saturday and took a short stroll to some of the local shops before buckling down to stitching again. BUT this year I was tooooooo chilled to venture into the hot tub or swimming pool but I did enjoy predinner cocktails both evenings! LOL! I was very pleased to stitch with my sister and niece again and also my niece's friend Dianne (yep a retreat virgin - there actually were a number of them this year). She enjoyed herself so much that she's coming back next year again - guess I didnt' scare her away with my picture taking - much to her dismay!

All I can say is I am glad we have tomorrow as Louis Riel Day (Yahooie no work) and I can relax and maybe catch up on other stitching as I'm totally wiped now that I've relaxed from driving in the snowstorm and supper out.



Sylvia's MPQ quilt show challenge wall quilt - completed before retreat.



Sylvia's fabric landscape - inspired by her recent trip to Arizona.



Pat and her Mom, Sylvia.



Sylvia and Rose Anne - quilting sisters!



I'm determined to get the hang of this free motion quilting but it just may get the best of me!!! I used Glad Press n Seal and traced my quilting templates then temporarily stuck onto my top and away I stitched.



VOILA, my MPQ challenge wall quilt - Earthy Flair!



Sylvia's bear paws quilt top - just about completed!



Pat's UFO MPQ workshop of Celtic table topper - completed!



Pat's second project using 4 FQs!



And Dianne with part of her first rag quilt - with helpful hints n suggestions from both Pat and Sylvia! I've not made one as yet but brought a magazine with instructions for her.



And my "wind down" project of hand applique on my UFO MPQ workshop Celtic table topper that HAS to be finished soon too!!!


If you're interested in seeing the other weekend pictures just click on "retreat" and it should take you to my Webshots "Retreats/Shows" Gimli Retreat - February 2008 album.

2 comments:

Linda Mullen said...

wow wow wow, everything looks great.

crazyQstitcher said...

I love Sylvia's rudbeckia wallhanging. Her landscape is great.

Earthly Flair
If holding your breath makes you come up with such a beautiful piece, I am going to start practising breath holding. It's beautiful

Pat's Celtic table topper is lovely and I hope to see Dianne's first quilt when it's complete. Looking good so far.