Saturday, February 09, 2008

Step TWO!!! - PURGING!!!

OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS am I ever SORE - will I be able to move tomorrow!!! ICE and Ibuprofen to the rescue but ohhhh does it ever feel like a weight lifted off my shoulders! First off before I go any further I must say my visits with my girlfriend are few and far between but I LOVE her dearly and thank her muchly for her organizing skills! She (along with other friends and family members) has been on my case to "purge" for years and I think I've only done it once before and that was with her too - besides the times I moved and they aren't often either.








See I kinda "tidied up" Thursday and Friday and took the dreaded "before" pictures of my MESS and on Saturday, she arrived before the noted 10:00 am armed and ready to go from the minute she walked in the door! The agenda was to tackle my closet and dressers to get rid of clothes I had not worn in years and also to sort it for the United Church's Clothes Closet (for low income persons reentering the workforce) and another Church group for casual clothes which I have lots of. Well this whirlwind (and I called her that and a slavedriver many times through the day - lovingly though) did an awesome job of "guiding" me but really I was ready to do this major purge and did it willingly and even with only a couple of "iffy" times. Well we filled and carted out 15 boxes about half and half and then a couple of bags to the garbage. WOW!!! I had room in my closet to hang up all the pants my niece just handed down to me when she purged her closet - I'm decked out for work pantswise, now to get some tops!!!

Then Angela asked if I wanted my bedroom changed and I said sure but asked what she had in mind and it was more to my taste so we did that too. WELLLLLL if I'd known I'd end up with a broken swollen and painfully sore toe maybe I would have rethought that one (yes I iced it down)!!! LOL!!! Yep we were moving the huge dresser and it crashed right into my baby toe and I just sunk to the dresser with my lips in my teeth and she felt so bad. I finally sucked it up and continued with the moving then thought we'd stop for lunch - it was after 1:00 already! Nooooo she carted them boxes out to her car so I would not have to have them sitting here till Thursday when I could drop them off myself. Then I put my foot down "gently" and called her for lunch - healthy salad - then back to work - UGH!!!







Angela had brought her crock pot and French Onion Soup and wine so she was here for the "day" and now that the closet and bedroom was done she started on my entrance! WOW I don't know where her energy comes from cause I was so dead by this time I could barely bend down. Well we hauled the boxes of fabric from the entrance into the living room for me to sort through and she parked herself beside me and started shredding my 20 some years of banking and credit card bills (after 6 hours she just made a dent so guess I'll have to keep going with this). We chit chatted and continued until supper of her yummy soup then back to it!!! I managed to go through four boxes of fabric and I've just over one box for myself and the rest packaged up to take to the Aurora group for sharing etc. I now have all the bags of magazines into one box and it's parked next to my bed so I can relax there and flip through whenever and the purge them too.

While we were "resting" I called Pat and garner some sympathy for giving up some of my treasures but she said I was doing great and to keep going that I'll feel so much better - BUTTTTTTT! She just chuckled and laughed at my silliness. But at least Pat was mucho nicer than my sister Florence!!! She basically asked if Angela had a half tonne truck and if the "dump" was open to unload then and there! MEANIE!!! I can say I was ready to this task with what I thought was lots of boxes but thankfully Angela had brought six more we needed it all along with some of the totes I got rid of too!

Well now she's very very very anxious to get into my sewing room to sort that out so I can get this mess out of my livingroom so I could entertain again! I said NOT TODAY!!! (laughing tenderly) So who knows what and when that will happen but this place looks much better already with what we did do!!!

AGAIN thank you Angela and I hope you are not too sore tomorrow and that you get to rest some!!!

No comments: