Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Cuddle Quilt progress

Last night I completed the quilting of the blocks and squared them all off ready to be joined.

WOW, today was one hectic day at work but a good one. I think it has finally sunk in that Shauna is leaving and it may be a long time before additional help is finally brought in. Guess I and others in the office who will be covering her responsibilities will be kept busy!

And then this evening I completed the next leg of the cuddle quilt and I think I just might get this baby finished. I did join the quilt top rows of blocks together and the majority of the seams have matched beautifully. Now I've got the trimming of the batting (wedging) and then the herringbone type of sewing together before closing the back seams by hand too. I wonder how long these two steps will take? And then it's the repeated sewing of the rows together. I guess I should check the layout now to make sure I've not made any goof ups before the next steps!!!

I thank the Lord that citizens and emergency personnel reacted so fast to the tragedy in Minnapolis. That must have been so frightening and could happen anywhere. And who knows how many more have lost their lives, but hopefully many many more are survivors.

No comments: