Friday, August 03, 2007

Cuddle Quilt Update

Ohhhhhh this is taking so long and with many versions of quilt as you go, I'm kinda fudging it with some written instructions, help from Sylvia, Dale Anne and Susan and also whatever I can figure out to make this work for me. It is materializing and I'm very happy with it so far but hopefully my nephew's Delectable Mountains quilt will go more smoothly for me. LOL!

Well I've separated the batting and trimmed it down and am halfway through hand stitching them together in the block joins so definitely tonight I will finish that and also hand stitch the backings closed. All I can say is last night it was tolerable in my apartment so lots easier to stitch and concentrate, but still I did not push myself and closed down early. That was a good thing considering today it's so cold in the office that my head and back aches have returned.

So hopefully this weekend I'll get the rows joined together and start preparing the pieced border, but I need the finished measurements of the components of the quilt for the extended diamonds to join up properly.

This sure is a learning curve for MOI but as long as all goes well no problemo! LOL!

No comments: