Thursday, August 23, 2007

House Sitting Saga - Day 9

Well things are still going smoothly except for my pounding headache today. Not sure what triggered it but I woke with it and it's stayed all day even with migraine meds. I'm glad I don't have to go to work tomorrow or Friday (vacation days) and hopefully will get rid of it. Now I chatted a bit with Sylvia and while on the phone my cell phone was ringing - sheesh - well it was probably my younger sister so I left it and finished off talking with Sylvia. Sure enough it was Florence so I called her back and she just updated me on the aftermath of the hail storm that hit Dauphin last week. Apparently the town has not masking or duck tape to be found anywhere or so she says as damaged items are being held together literally until they can be fixed. WOW!

Anyways I received yesterday my CQ-CDN crazy patch "Cleopatra" baggie swap and since I was taking it easy tonight I drew up my own block pattern - a first totally. Yes I've used a basic ze tern and then changed some of the pieces to my liking or to fit the block size but never succeeded in drafting up one that I liked before. So if things go as planned I'm hoping to get the block stitchted together and then I've just to plan out all the various embellishments! Yeah just!!!

Well the cats are still fairly well behaved, except Holly took exception to going upstairs this morning and took a swipe at me, just catching my ankle, yep the same one with those dratted bites. Now lucky I had some insight and pulled back so it's like a paper cut, superficial but stings like !@#$. And this evening she's A-okay with me - maybe she registered my foul mood and didn't want any part of me - ROFLOL!

1 comment:

Linda Mullen said...

you leave my pussy cat be hehehehe. Actually I guess you moved too fast and it scared her or something.