Saturday, August 25, 2007

Interesting Saturday

Well I slept in again and then got busy making up those baby bath towels for Wednesday's Congrats Party at work for the two new arrivals for two computer techies! So I've finished the applique on the hoodie part and got the corners rounded ready for tomorrows serging and VOILA they'll be finished. I just LOVE that serger for the fast finishings. I'm not that with it on the cuddle quilt so guess I'll have to deliver it whenever I get it finished.

But early afternoon I left to attend the ceremony of my cousin's daughter and I've never been to a wedding where the bride was soooo unhappy looking and in such a sad state of crying before. Then I find out afterwards that she's been so sick my cousin is surprised she made it through the ceremony. When I arrived for the reception she looked more herself and even smiled some. Actually the bride and groom were both emotional so maybe it was a bad case of nerves as they're both young, early to mid twenties (known each other now 6 years). Anyways the evening went very well and the dancing started. After the required dances the floor was opened to all guests and who gets up to dance but my UNCLE, my Dad's brother, who last year had a broken ankle and then a broken hip and had to move out of his house and into the hospital for months and then into a seniors apartment complex where meals are provided for, but you look after your own room and laundry. And not only to dance but with his "lady friend" and then with his sister-in-law and to my amazement with MOI too! He even had a few more and that's mucho more than I had or was up to all evening!!! Now this man walks with a cane and here he was up dancing, now not like some young thing, but he could still move for a 80/90 year old!!! I took pictures to show my Dad cause I know he won't believe me when I call tomorrow! LOL!

Well 9:30 I packed it up, I was beat and headed back to Linda's to check on the cats (which seem to be okay) and maybe put my feet up and read or sew, not sure what yet!

No comments: