Thursday, August 23, 2007

BDE day!

Well I caved in to my headache and just got up long enough to feed and look after the cats and then shut the door so they couldn't disturb me and in the nice dark room slept for another two hours. I had woken a little more normal and hope that it either stays this way or gets better.

Anyways after taking the morning easy I took in my first Stitch In at Mrs. Twitchett's Eye and actually worked on my Brazilian Dimensional Embroidery class piece. Lots easier when the sample is sitting right in front of you and the teacher just at the end of the table. I also chatted with some ladies I'd never met before and they were all making smocked crackers and all looked very lovely. Something I'd never attempted.

Now my headache is still in the background thankfully, as I'm awaiting the arrival of my niece and out to supper we are going, apparently she might be on her own and no children, will see. It's been ages since I've visited with Debbie and family (from Morris) except at family functions. I used to take a drive out there on the weekends and once stayed over night but since the part time job era that hadn't happened, maybe again soon.

9:15 pm

Well Deb arrived and waited and admired Linda's collection of bears while I fed Sooty and coaxed Holly out of hiding so I could feed her downstairs before leaving for supper. She has been going down the stairs herself but today stopped near the bottom and as I went past her to give her food she scratched my foot again and through my slipper!!! What gives, she never did that the last time I house sat. And the other morning she swiped my foot when I walked by after topping up the water bowl. WEIRD!!! Anyways I'm wandering, but heck those cat scratches sting!!!!

What a surprise when we went to the van, Debbie brought Kailyn with her and she's soon to be going into Grade 5 - YOWL they sure grow up fast. We had a nice supper at Moxies and then walked the mall a bit before coming back to Linda's. BTW Holly was A-Okay with me when I went down and carried her upstairs so Sooty could go to the litter box etc. Totally WEIRD!!!Anyways, Debbie had told Kailyn about the cats and all the bears so she wanted to come see them and was mighty impressed by the way!!! And both cats were okay with her pets and mine too AND no she did not even touch the bears before leaving a few minutes later as they had to go grocery shopping before heading back to Morris. I'm really gonna have to get out there and visit sooner than later.

All right wonder what the rest of the days will bring me with Miss Holly? Gosh my foot looks like it's been through barbed wire with the bug bites and now two sessions of cat scratches!!! Speaking of which I better go put some cream on for the night, just in case, don't want no tetnus shot too boot. LOL!

No comments: