Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Project Update!!!

Well today started off on the right foot and so far is continuing!  First off my tax refund was deposited, so I paid some bills, my dentist appointment went well and only had one truly sensitive spot and it was mild and my headache was just about gone (but not my aching knee).  Work went well today too and hopefully tomorrow (my last day) will also go good too and then I'm off to enjoy another quilt retreat with my dear Aurora friends and visit during a quilt show too!!!

NOW as for my project on the go - WELLLLLLL it's gonna be hard to give this baby up as I truly truly truly LOVE it so far and it's not finished yet!!!  LOL!  Guess I'll just have to go and visit so I can have some one-on-one time with my "Reflections" (not sure if that is what it'll end up being called).  OK, here is the next couple of pictures and then I gotta get back to the foreground trees and maybe some more shading!

Middle layer trees outlined n rock detailed

OK I used a basic grey and outlined the middle group of trees for quilting effect.  Then switched to a charcoal grey and proceeded with detail work on the rock island and embellished more along the base at the water edge.  All this embellishment is being worked on the right side as I'm wanting to follow the fabric details for emphasis.

Closeup of detailing

I just love this one - it's the best of all my Lonely Island postcards I've done so far with a similar technique!!! Yeppers it's gonna be hard to let this baby go, BUT I do know that it will be muchly appreciated once the gift is opened!!! Dang, I's getting teary eyed just writing this!

No comments: