Monday, June 08, 2009

Toe Followup

Okay I woke Sunday and just about fell onto my face getting out of bed - the whole foot hurt. So after breakfast I packed my crocheting and a book (forgot the water and snacks though - stupid) and put on my older looser walkers and off to Urgent Care to get it checked out. I knew the wait would be long so I stopped into see Ruth, a fellow quilter that was in the Care Home in this unit first, then off to the clinic.

Well first off they sent me for xrays and I should have taken the wheelchair offer but no I slowly limped my way there, had them taken but this time took the chair ride back! LOL! Then the long 5 hour wait with grumbling stomach (not up to the sandwiches in that machine though) before seeing the Dr. Gosh it's freezing in there and people with the flu had hospital blankets around their scantily clad bodies - SHEESH!!!

When I did see the Dr. he said the xrays were clear - no breaks this time - but very badly bruised and he thinks I hyper extended the foot and that's why it hurts so badly and not just the toe. A couple of days of icing and resting and it should be okay - so let's hope as I've three long blocks to walk to work!!!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Dear Rose Anne,
Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog about my new baby Jeremy. We are so excited about him. I hope that your foot heals quickly.
Big Hugs,
Wendy

Judy said...

Take care of yourself!!

Linda Mullen said...

Ouch, that's why I always wear shoes, hope your foot is on the mend.