Wednesday, April 05, 2023

March 26th-April 5th

March 26th

Okay here are all 53 blocks kinda together after mega fudging!  You can see I LOVE nature's colour palette.  Not perfect but I'll print them off and use that tacky stuff and play on a sheet of plastic board till I achieve my desired layout.  Yes there are programs to help but this is my chosen method.  Now to decide which direction I go!




March 29th

Well this morning at Lace meeting I was determined to start some tatted snowflakes I need.  I started a different one a while ago but couldn't figure something out so that ones set aside.  This one is Pointed Medallion found in "Tatting", Book No. 35 by Anne Orr from 1940.  Much easier to follow once I wrote down the steps individually on lined paper for easy following and checking off where I am!  ❤️


March 30th

Oooohhhhh gosh I miss all my pet friends who are chasing butterflies and bunnies in heaven!  💝


I’ll be saying goodbye soon to my “Touch of Red”, a disappearing 9 patch with piano keys border quilt.  It was made by myself, with some block placement help from Pat and Sylvia, a  60“x 76“ twin sized quilt in 2012 and machine quilted by Irene Johnson of Nestor Falls, ON.  Lovely flowers stitched into the borders and swirls in the quilt centre.  It was a joy to sew up and I’d hoped someone would love it enough to buy it at a couple craft sales it was at, but the size was wrong!  So I was very pleased to be approached to donate a quilted item to Bravestone Centre’s Sunday Brunch on April 30th, 2023 as part of the event.  I’ve held onto it hoping for a special purpose and this I am very pleased about.  So it’s been laundered and ready to go to it’s new home!  Thank you to Aruna for asking for a donation and also to Nafisa and Said helping to hold this baby up for an outdoor picture as the one on my queen bed is good but I wanted something special!

I've attended a couple events for this group.

Disappearing 9 patch block.

Blocks layout.

At Sylvia's hand stitching the binding in place.

At Sylvia's August 2012 quilt n crafts show and sale.

On my queen bed.

With the Golden Boy!


Closeup of quilting.

Birds Hill just now
Hand held phone camera, nothing fancy.






WOW my phone is just awesome!!!  
Hand held and nothing fancy!
But dang it's cold out!





March 31st

Well it was a sluggish morning after the very late night out watching the Aurora Borealis, but a wonderful drive out to Birds Hill to pick up Colleen.  Sad that Joan was unable to join us but we're still saving Gimli lunch for another day!  So our lunch out was at Roxy's then some shopping in Selkirk but sadly not Mama Bears!!!  Thank you Colleen for the lovely visit.

Okay I tried this Pointed Medallion again found in "Tatting", Book No. 35 by Anne Orr from 1940 in another colour.  Much easier to follow once I wrote down the steps individually on lined paper for easy following and checking off where I am!  ❤️  So the top one in Lizbeth size 20, White #601 and today's in size 20, Silver Ice #190, a slight greyish varigation.  Not sure which will be this year's snowflakes!  The grey fabric does not show the colours well but is a lovely background for applique.



April 1st

Ohhhhh this sure speaks of me today!!!


Happy International Tatting Day, just sneaking it in Saturday at 11:45 pm.
This is an Edging No. 34, pg 25 of "Tatting" Book No. 35 by Anne Orr.  Again I had to rewrite it so I could follow easier and one part I was lost so did split rings and it worked beautifully.  This reminds me of musical notes and appropriate for a greeting card!  And the assembly, glued cardstock to cover the stitching then medium weight paper for the inside to write the message on if used.




April 2nd

Awesome shows in the past, so this should be too!  Sylvia and I both have items on display and for judging, even in the Boutique for sale.  I have a Challenge item in the Choice Auction too!  Please come and check out what everyone's been working on during the Covid hiatus!!!



OMGG I just saw a shorter blurb on curling tonight and had to see the YTube version!  Crazy Norwegian curling outfits worn from past curling team Thomas Ulrud!


https://youtu.be/1USbTGYv9ZM

April 4th

I wonder where Gravesend is?  Right hand driver on the bus!  Neato!

This is a screenshot only.

http://www.grannyturismo.net/

April 5th

OMGG it's 3 months away now!  Time sure is flying by!  So accommodations and flight are booked.  Next is the trains and not sure what else can be prebooked and paid for!  I find this more relaxing, especially when Aruna does such a great job as my travel agent!




Things I hope to see in Amsterdam. 

My river "barge" as the girls call it!

The three places listed for the Paris land/cruise part.

Places in London I'm hoping to see via Hop on Hop off buses n walking.

And finally Stratford-upon-avon visit seeing Jane's playground in person!

I was out running errands this afternoon and glad I'm back home!!!  And here's what's built up since morning, reaching 6 inches on my ledge!  Winter's not finished with us until it decides it's done and going to spring!



No comments: