Sunday, March 26, 2023

Catchup - March 23rd-25th

March 23rd

My "wild one"!!!  I don't like these types of batiks but thought one is a must!!!


I can't believe I'm still using my original pinking shears from 1973-74!  Sure can't buy them at that price now!!!



March 24th

I'm anxious and yet excited too!  See after a phone call with my travel agent some plans are now finalized and others tentatively in place!  

July 6th Amsterdam --- July 25th Winnipeg 

WOW!!!  It's finally happening!




Decided to finish off the bonus block too.  Might need more depending upon my layout!



Ohhhh wellllll guess the Aurora Borealis are not dancing on demand for us tonight!  I had picked up Sylvia and we headed out just north of Birds Hill hoping to see some of nature's lights!  As we watched the starry partly cloudy sky nothing happened, then the stars were coved by solid cloudy cover.  So we went home!  Thank you to those who posted pictures taken yesterday!

March 25th

Okay, some asked about the layout.  Dang it, for my first choice spiral layout, I need 80 blocks which would make a 48x60" inside quilt top.  Then added borders for a larger size, for my travel quilt.  I only have 53 blocks!  So need 27 more blocks!  Maybe mixed options, draft new ones up or might choose some favourites and sew up in different colour fabrics?  Or maybe the others?





No comments: