Tuesday, March 07, 2023

Catchup - March 5th-7th

March 5th

OK some serious quilting time last three days between errands and hopefully more time next few days!  I need to finish this baby off!



Great idea!!!!!


Ohhhh yes I love my Kona cotton I picked up for the other half, borders and binding!  Now to catch up on the previous 32 blocks to finish off!


It's a good thing I've so many different types of projects as working on the quilting of my Block-A-Day quilt is wreaking havoc on my hands, shoulders and back!  So every 4 rows of heaving excess over the shoulder and rerolling, I switch to something else alongwith water!

March 6th

Ohhh I pushed too much yesterday and today!  I tried catching up on my quilting along with my embroidery homework but still had 16 long picots to do.  I can only do 3 then need to rest my thumb for a few hours, that's when I switch to my other projects.  So I worked on finishing the partial 52 scrappy HSTs I had on hand before my last embroidery class today.  

Gosh I thought the buttonhole triangle stitched flower was tough on my thumb - now to finish off I've not another 20 pieces of buttonhole stitched 3-D petals and leaves to finish off my project!  Not sure when that will be, I'll for sure pace myself.

Once home I was back to quilting my Block-A-Day quilt and finished the initial quilting and started on the partial secondary quilting.  This hopefully will be finished tomorrow, then to attach the label and machine anchor the binding!  

Then spent part of the evening retaking photos of my finished HSTs again.  Now feet up relaxing.

REPOSTED

First off thank you Kathy for posting this “Year of Scrappy 52 Triangle Foundation” project. 

https://www.leilagardunia.com/blog/year-of-scrappy-triangles

I've plans for a lap quilt for myself!  So I’ve caught up for my one-a-day paper pieced 52 Scrappy Triangles blocks started February 1st!  I’m not sure I like my selected colours but I’m using my scraps, not going into my stash!  Here are the first 10 blocks finished off after buying the Kona Evergreen and Champagne for possible sashing/borders with my virtual retreat gift card for KTR!

Dark green - Kona Evergreen - for HSTs, maybe cornerstones, borders n binding.  None Champagne for washing it traditional setting.


What a mess!






Knew I'd revert to some first paper piecing mistakes!!!

So far I like this the best.


All sorted by size and hopefully easier to pick the next piece in future!



I like this one!

Here are the next 10 blocks finished off.

I love this one!

I LOVE sunflowers!!!

Bright!



Ohhhh I love this block too!

I didn't care for this design but will see!




Here are the next 10 blocks finished.

And thank you Kathy for the Google suggestion for HST layout quilt ideas.  I also noticed Leila Gardunia has some layouts on her 52 Scrappy Triangles site with some comments too!









Today's block, not happy with my centre patch but maybe it'll be okay when all finished etc.

Today's was easy peasy!

Here are the last blocks to date!
Ohhhh yes I love the Kona cotton I picked up for the other half, borders and binding!  Honest I had a dark blue for the HSTs and a grey with a blue tinge for sashing until I saw this dark green at the cutting table.  AND since it's for MOI, I changed colours and much happier!!!

WOW!!!




March 7th

Again not sure about this one too!


Me too and here I'm trying to use my stash, recycle and/or purge!!!  😆😆😆


Okay I think I've finished my quilting on the Block-A-Day quilt, square it off tonight, then tomorrow the binding with the label!!!  YEAH!!!!

Okay I think I've finished my quilting on the Block-A-Day quilt, square it off tonight, then tomorrow the binding with the label!!!  YEAH!!!!


Ohhhh my, played binding chicken on my Block-A-Day quilt!!!
See I decided to repurpose the cut borders, two sides were sewn on when I changed my mind and the other two were not trimmed!  WOW WEEEE!!!!!  Hope I can attach them OK!


After pushing to finish off the quilting today I decided to rehash info for my European River Cruise and set up my countdowns!  So as of today here it is!  I'm getting excited!!!

3 days here, with a visit with Margreet!

I hope this is all and more that I heard about!!!

About 5 days in London and here visiting with Jane!

And my ship!  Up to 135 passengers!

And my cabin!





No comments: