Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Catchup - March 8th-12th

March 8th

This is late but still meaningful!!!  

Be healthy, be happy, be strong!!!


I really really LOVE greens and basic colours of  nature!


And today I finished off the binding by machine using a fancy stitch. I love it but have learnt my lesson not to do this again, too time consuming and I may have done something to the machine, will check tomorrow.  Next time I'll stitch two rows of straight stitching, will look just as nice, more even and balanced.  😉

March 9th

It's finished, just needed an outside picture taken by Melissa and then washed and handed into ABC!!!




This one endured a few rippits before all was good!!!


Okay so I've sandwiched a Western Retreat UFO from I think the mid-2000s but again no info and can't find pictures either!  Very not like me, but then with so many camera and computer changes, what do I expect.  All I know this was a stack n whack class for a full sized quilt that I minimized to a table topper or wall hanging.  Also before I learnt the basics of pinning and lining up seams!!!  YIKES!!!!

Anyone by chance from WR recall this class from Sylvan Lake, AB?


March 10th

Awesome "road trip" again!  🥰

I picked up Edna and Sylvia then headed out to Niverville MCC for some treasures then onto OMA's for our MPQ gift card shopping spree!  We still have balances left so another trip one day!  Then into Steinbach for lunch at the Main Bread & Butter Company for yummy soup n sandwich before checking out their MCC too!

Afterwards we drove cross country to Beausejour to drop off my Block-A-Day quilt so Melissa could photograph it for her use.  And naturally we had to stop into Needles Crafts and Studios where I made a large VISA buy for small trinkets and a bit of fabric for borders for my two mini projects.  We finished off with coffee at Tim's and treated us to the Tim's canvass bags which weren't for sale but guess we smiled sweetly!!!  Then back into the city and home!  Beautiful day but my hip was saying enough already!  Now feet up relaxing, maybe some embroidery!

March 11th

Morning!!!!  Hmmm guess the storm has bypassed us or not hit us as forecasted or still to hit us!!!

Anyways the two pairs of baby shoes I picked up at Steinbach's MCC, the ballet slippers fit on my childhood doll, the other pair are too big!  She's not shoeless anymore!!!  Next to sew her a pretty dress and freshen up her hair one day!!!



Too tired yesterday to sew, BUT the disaster on block #38 today, maybe I should have done it yesterday!!!



March 12th

Scrappy but still nature's colours!


WOW, glad to see this notice!  I'll have a road trip out with Edna, Sylvia and Pat after the IGD MPQ meeting finishes after lunch.  We're all looking forward to it!


No comments: