Monday, January 30, 2023

Catchup - Jan 6th-30th

Jan 26th

I've obviously fallen behind as this morning Day 7 TIAS was posted.  Easy peasy on this step!  AND I too thought of body parts the other day but then NAH she wouldn't, would she!  But now it looks like a skeleton head to me, holes and all, but what animal!  Or could it be a space alien?  I totally love these mysteries moreso than my quilting ones!  Course it's one or two colour threads compared to various fabrics for a quilt, my other passion!


Well I'm still feeling crappy 🤧 but am accomplishing things.  Got some tatting done, my English letter translated to Ukrainian and printed off so my sister won't be overtaxed doing such when she drops off my parcel for Hanna.  See I met this Dauphin family that left with ONE suitcase each and she showed me some embroidery that she used to do.  So I've purged what I can spare and recycling my excess to someone who has nothing!  That makes me fell really good!  Also an online friend said some supplies are difficult to find so I've some excess items going to her too!  It's not making a dent in my STUFF but am happy some is going out the door!  Also cut out another baby bath towel to serge tomorrow and hopefully mail out.  Now watching the Jets (recorded) and tackling a tatting UFO too with feet up!  🤗

Yeah!!!  I've completed a tatting UFO from spring of 2022.  Yes Jane's 2022 TIAS Doris the Dragon is now tatted, even tackling them awful SCMR self closing mock ring and I learnt lock chains!  Awesome!  Mine was tatted with Lizbeth size 20, #691 Mocha Brown Medium.  Talk about an appropriate colour and cutie too!

Now to find my other tatting UFO and decide how these mysteries will be displayed!

Jan 27th

Ohhhh my what a gloomy day out and me inside with this crappy cold!  AND look what fell overnight and still today!  My ledge was bare yesterday and now a 6-8 inch build up again!!!!!


Another baby bath towel set ready to be gifted!


While in the sewing room I noticed the snow bank is higher on this ledge!  SHEESH!!!


This cold has not diminished my appetite nor energy, thank goodness!  I made a major dent today in sewing etc with breaks when feeling tired (off and on).  Even put together another postcard  swap and close to finishing hopefully as it should be mailed out by month end.  Yeah I'm cutting it close!

Jan 28th

Okay Angie's flight at 6:30am was delayed 12 hours and good thing I checked my phone before loading up at 7:30am!!!  I took a Tylenol and back to bed till 10:30am!  I'm a WHIMP when sick or in pain!  

The one good thing with 12 extra hours, I got a good sleep after a rough night and finished off my PFA swap postcard too!  

From the back.

Front side.

Jo's picture on left from Auckland, NZ, my inspiration! 



WOW got lots done when you have to stay put and not galivant!  😂  So before supper I even mailed off my packages, got supper to go, home to load up with my kind neighbour's help with masks on, off to my sister's also mask on to swap fabrics for ink pencils then finally 8pm with the dogs!  

OHHHH these stinkers didn't even twitch in their naps after I sneezed half dozen times in a row nor after my coughing fit!  HMMMMM!  Not fair!!!! 

I pray their WestJet takes off on time after two more delays!  I'm too pooped to reload - so WestJet PLEASE listen to me and fly on time please pretty please!!!!!!!!

Jan 29th

OMGG I wish I was in Montana in Teresa's maybe "deep freeze" as she posted on TIAS !  Here in the Canadian prairies it's "extreme cold warnings" in -28C with wind chill of -37C and overnight will be -31C with windchill -42C!  🥶  Even the Bernese dogs run out and minutes later back in and I don't blame them!  Dang lucky Angie to finally escape this for Mexico!!!  Good thing it may only be a week then normal winter???


So today I'm tatting Day 8, cutting my blocks for a mystery quilt starting tomorrow and reading.  Now this tatting with a cold gave me a bit of grief but Jane quickly set me straight, "rippit" and VOILA I think I got it!  But now maybe my skeleton is off kilter AND if there was a head I'd say a swinging monkey?  Time will tell!


Okay I've decided on my fabrics and all cut out for the Block-A-Day Mystery Quilt Along with Melissa Marginet after seeing options others are using.  I want a scrappy but cheery type of quilt top and think I've got it, finally!  The red and blue/purply fabrics are the darks, rest are FQs of lights.  There is one light I didn't have enough for 2 pieces but will check my mask fabrics, might be in there.  If not then I'll go with option two.  So I've set up my machine and hopefully ready for tomorrow's start!!!


Option 1, if I can find more white with stars!

Option 2, if not found.

Jan 30th

Okay I've sewn up my 6" blocks and squared off but now wondering if the red in bottom row on right is too dark a yellow n red for a light?  I can still change this.


Ohhhh it feels so good to hopefully be over this yucky sneezing and coughing already.  Part of yesterday and all today felt normal!!! 

So I went to my embroidery tester pattern class (first of this needlework for me) and boy was I glad I did!  Even with personal instruction I'm not sure I totally understood and if I'll get all the homework completed before the next class in two weeks!  I'm sooooo glad Kathryn's hubby booked them a week's vacation, I'll need the extra time for sure!

Now  W H Y  did I sign up for TWO quilting mysteries besides the tatting one along with this class???  WHY, OH WHY, do I do things like this to myself!

Then back to the apartment to meet Florence for a goodies exchange and back to the dogs!  They behaved so I quickly fed them before they decide to have my pizza instead!


No comments: