Saturday, January 07, 2023

Catchup - Jan 6th-7th

Jan 6th

CAA was here 8ish to load up the car and me and off to Urban Garage for my 10am appointment! 

Hey ho, hey ho!  Off we go!  




I then hitched a bus ride to Sylvia's to wait it out.  Well, at 9:51am I get a call, it's ready for pickup!  HUH!!!  See once in the garage they did hookups and tests AND it's NOT the alternator but a dead 6 year old battery (so wasn't new when I bought the car, unless nearly new assumed as new) which could have been replaced on the 26th by CAA battery assist.  So that was replaced with 5-year warranty without calling as I'd already agreed to a $750 repair bill!  The new alternator was sent back no charge to me!  My bill was $500+ less and now I've my WHEELS back!!!!  I totally love Urban Garage!!!  Thank you!!!

Jan 7th

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!  It was just AWESOME to have my baby back and able to pick up the girls for some walking around the Collection Outlet Mall, lunch at NYF and a bit of shopping for Florence! 

Outlet Mall was about 5,000 steps or 3 kms.

AND Pat joined us too, bringing her soon to be rid of huge vase that I said I'd take.  So she took Sylvia home while I took Edna to Polo Park to get her meds for her soon to be other cataract surgery, dropped off my recycle at the depot on Taylor and one quick stop into Walmart before home to relax my aching hip/leg!  We did good but I was the slowest!  😒

Matches beautifully!  😍  Just need to raise flowers 3-4 inches.

Looking down onto snow bank ledge.


Looking straight out.

The flower vase is soooooo much better and sturdier than the flimsy blue one I had tthat kept tipping over when swiffering.  Now to somehow rearrange things so there's once again a larger space between units!

Ohhhhh, and this snow bank has really shrunk, maybe only 6" in height now, but at least 15" in width still hanging over and letting go more and more.  The sun looks awesome on it!

No comments: