Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Catchup - Jan 21st-25th

Jan 21st

God's country is lovely!!!  Awesome visit with Jan!  Lovely!  Thank you very much!



A "snow snake"!!!!









What are you?  You sing nicely!  A pine grosbeak!

Yep Janice just about killed me!!!  But it was BEAUTIFUL!!! 
Thank you Cindy is for the ride!


Waiting for the woodpecker or bluejay to return, instead snapped this!

Love this and glad you took it!!!

Thank you!

Love this one!!!  Thank you!



Jan 2nd

OMGG, I forgot to post this on the 19th!

This morning you can actually see the variegation in the thread I'm using, Lizbeth size 20 colour 167 Jungle Greens, so subtle a colour change.  Hmmmm the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this pattern images is it MIGHT BE a butterfly or moth wing!  Might not be too!  She's sneaky, our Jane!


I'm using, Lizbeth size 20 colour 167 Jungle Greens, so subtle a colour change.  Well I doubt it's a butterfly or moth now!  Looks like we finished off one side of a bike's handlebars, but I doubt it!


Jan 23rd

Okay I even went shopping and all I could find is the turquoise blue bottom left.  The rest is from my stash for this mystery project.  So I decided to go with the two top star fabrics as my darks (1 yard cuts each) and the bottom 4 as my lights (1/2 yard cuts).  But not sure which bottom four sets.  What might work best Melissa?  Yes this hopefully will be a cheery kids ABC quilt!
Block-A-Day Mystery Quilt Along with Melissa Marginet




Jan 24th

Yesterday I was achy etc but no Covid so I picked up Sylvia and her just finished 2004 UFO top to Selkirk, Lori Suss Night Owl Quilting to do her magic!  We had lunch at the Riverboat Family Restaurant for the first time and will check it out again.  Then dropped into Mama Bears quilt shop and other stores before heading home.  Sylvia took over driving as my hip was paining me.  We wanted to stop into Cedar House Quilting and Keystone Modern Creative shops BUT both were closed, ohhh well maybe a good thing for me!  

Once home, feet up, hockey on, I finished off turning, clipping in place and hand stitching the binding on my Jungle Fun, 2006 Western Retreat mystery quilt project UFO.  I just love how the quilting turned out!



Okay I've "rethunk" the Block A Day mystery fabric requirements as I still couldn't figure out the first attempt.
So first is dark and light FQs (or they will be) once decided.  The second is dark prints with various cream prints, not at all to my liking.  I'm still not sure which I'll use!  This is my MAJOR problem with mysteries, fabric choices!!!!  🤔🤔🤔



I miss this old icon but things change and life goes on!  You can't have both!


Canada Life Centre

Phewie this day was tough on my brain!  And that's only cause I'm coming down with cold/flu symptoms, negative for Covid.

So had our lace meeting but kept my mask on near others.  Then home to reselect my fabrics for Block-A-Day Mystery Quilt Along with Melissa Marginet, I'm having a hard time with this but determined to get it together tomorrow as I need to start cutting blocks.  

And then Day 6 for Jane's TIAS arrived and again fought with the instructions before I figured it out!  Sorry for the crooked photo but I was trying for stitching clarity.  




Maybe I should just rest before messing more up!  🤔 😆

No comments: