Friday, January 13, 2023

Catchup - Jan 7th-12th

Jan 7th

Finally my version of BQ Goes Mini Placemats by Maple Island Quilts are quilted and working on their bindings.  I was trying to do a reverse quilted set (2 in 1) but I just could not decide how to quilt them so both sides looked good.  Sooooo I decided to use my favourite fabric of Chickadees and Cardinals and still have two sets in one.  The other quilted pieces I've devised something totally different, hopefully finished soon.

Jan 8th

I'm going to the game tomorrow with Florence and Wayne and another family.  🤗


Finally my version of BQ Goes Mini Placemats by Maple Island Quilts are quilted and bound.  I was trying to do a reverse quilted set (2 in 1) but I just could not decide how to quilt them so both sides looked good.  Sooooo I decided to use my favourite fabric of Chickadees and Cardinals and still have two sets in one.  The other quilted pieces I've devised something totally different, hopefully finished soon.


The Paris pieced placemats was to be the backing of the BQ ones but changed my mind.  Now these two will be another set soon.

Jan 9th

WTH!!!!!  It's Winnipeg and supposed to be WINTER now!  What's with these so spring-like temperatures?  AND like two weeks straight!



Let the game begin!  Good luck to both teams!














Lots of flags and more throughout!

WOW!!!

Wave started by Bison guys behind us - went around 5 times - they were amazed!

Great to see the handshakes!

Ukrainian players acknowledged the crowd by going around the rink!





Gathering for group pictures.



Awesome game but a bit lopsided scoring.

Jan 10th

YEAH YEAH YEAH, she's doing it again!  I just love these mysteries and mostly finish off the lovely patterns Jane invests her time and expertise to deliver such fun for us Tatters to enjoy!  One day I will go back and finish off the couple UFO's and then start to block and figure out a display design. Thank you Jane!!!

TIAS


Jan 11th

Hmmmmm I forgot to post that yesterday afternoon I picked up Edna, back to my place to park then we walked to the Forks.  Enjoyed a glass of wine and I had pizza slices for a very late lunch and we both picked up a light supper then walked back to my place, drove Edna home and I relaxed!  Spent part of the time surfing for free motion circle type quilting designs.


Damn, damn, damn, guess I am tired as instead of POSTING my new post, I hit back/escape (opposite ends of the phone) and instead of continue editing my finger hit delete post!  DAMN!!!

This morning I was looking forward to another short walk so picked up Edna and Sylvia and off to the Outlet Mall.  Gosh not sure how the stores stay in business as it was darn dead!!!  Lots of room for walking without meeting up with others.  Finished with lunch there.

Short n sweet, not even 20 minutes???

Then a short stop at Fabricland and a group stop shop at the Family Book Exchange at 519 St Mary's Rd as they are closing end of January and books are $1 each.


Yep dropped the girls off and headed home to rest as I was sore!  Nah, took a Tylenol Arthritis and started clearing working space for Sylvia and I to sew together this weekend at the MPQ Virtual Quilting Cruise!  Fun times for all of us!!!

Jan 12th

Hmmm I truly thought this snow bank was lessening, more hanging over the ledge and ready to drop off!  Guess I'm wrong!  It's slipped off more and even the ledge lip is exposed but now fresh snow is filling in the cracks and building it up again!  😲



The end of ledge is visible.  😮


YEAH YEAH YEAH Jane Eborall has another TIAS started again!  YEAH!!!  http://tatitandsee.blogspot.com/?m=1

So here is my Day 1 tatting!  I'm using Lizbeth size 20 colour 167 Jungle Greens.  My shuttles are from Shuttles by Design https://shuttlebydesign.company.site/


No comments: