Sunday, January 01, 2023

Catchup - Dec 27th-31st

Dec 27th

I'm relaxing with the 'crew' for a few days and watching junior hockey till the NHL this evening.  Cheers, especially to Cindy stuck in Cuba wanting to come home!!!


Here's my sister’s reduced size for herself the Diamond Log Cabin table topper, original design by Freida Harrod/Eleanor Burns.

Love it!  ❤

Finished top before finishing.


And here's another UFO Sylvia Stadnyk changed to her liking then recycled the pattern years ago and just did the appropriate snowball and border quilting today.



Okay my big baby, Wheeler, may have tweeked his paw and is limping, Mom knows, and now he's trying to soak up some up close sympathy, just about nose to nose!  He's never been this close to me unless all are horsing around and vying for head rubs!  I feel for him but if I let him onto my lap the others will too and I'd be a gonner!!!  Look at that face!!!





Here's the latest!  And the others are whining off and on too!  SHEESH!!!

Dec 29th

OOOOHHHHHH!!!  I totally ❤️❤️❤️❤️ this even with the missing "P" in SELF-EXPRESSION , at least I think that was the word!


I think I need to print this on fabric for sewing room sign!  🤔 ❤️👍

OOOHHHH MYYYYY!!!  Lots on this street order online for delivery!  I've seen in the last hour Amazon, Purolator (even a car full of packages delivering) and a FedEx go past.  I'm waiting for an UPS to stop here today too.  Hmmm wonder how many more will go by and those stopping nearby get the dogs a barking madly!  How dare people use their street!!!  😃😃😃

OMGG!!!!  I think this is the WORST ever of Christmas travel horror stories I've ever heard!  Okay I totally understand the weather is putting major damper on people's plans which honestly cant be helped, but in some cases airline staffing and communication issues are just not NICE at all.  Guess I'm very happy I didn't step up to last minute Christmas travel or I'd be still stuck in Cuba and GOD knows what Angie would have done!  

Hmmmm this is kind of worrying me for future trips I'm planning!  But definitely I will avoid major holidays for travel as there's always some kind of labour dispute etc planned by someone at this time.  And I know I've no patience for such nonsense!!!

Dec 30th

Ohhhh the snow bank is still hanging on but outwards more than upright! 

See more shrunken but from the outside up it's close to a foot overhanging.  How it's still there I don't know! 

It's  letting go from the window too!

Well I got back home 11:30pm yesterday and had to get my sister's car out of the overnight parking spot lent to me by 7:30am.  So decided I may as well get ready and pick Sylvia up for an early yummy breakfast, picked up my laptop and while out took us shopping!  We stopped at The Thrift Store where I bought two 50% off Christmas items and Sylvia found an awesome floor lamp for $13 (just needs a nicer shade), then London Drugs - zippo and finished off at Walmart where Sylvia found a smaller crock pot at a good price and two lamp shades she liked - I got a ceramic heater for my sewing room and both of us quilt marking pens for $2.97 - WOW!!!  

Snowman headlight and the sled for one of my bears, sign from before.

First time using manual cropping too!  Love it!

Then finished off with lunch at the new WOK BOX on Dakota before heading for Sylvia's to unload and me the bus back home!  An awesome day that's for sure!!!  But I'm pooped!!!!

Dec 31st

Let's hope 2023 will be healthier, happier and maybe even wealthier for all of us!  Be as kind as you can to all!  


I'm hoping to get in some sewing before heading over to Sylvia's to play games, finger food treats and watch the earlier time zone New Year's Eve celebrations!

Earlier today I was in the sewing room and needed more light so opened the curtains and this frosty view greeted me!

Outside my sewing room window, smaller snowbank on the ledge.

Then on my way to Sylvia's the frostiness was everywhere!





I just love this shot!

Sylvia, Kristen and I had a lovely visit, played Rummikub and enjoyed potluck finger food.  Lovely evening but we sure missed Edna who was visited with sniffles, not fun bussing it, trying to enjoy company when not 100%.

Got home in time for the 10 pm Legislative Bldg fireworks!

Notice the church steeple on left, it changes colours!


Oh oh!!!!  I'm not happy that my Blogger is screwing with my adding a new post!  My phone had a recent update and DAMN I hate when it messes some routine functions afterwards!  I've googled and cleared my cache etc and still it's not behaving.  Scanned and no threats.  What gives!  Even restarted my phone too!  Guess I'll try my laptop tomorrow and see if that works!  GRRRRR!!!!  

Well my tablet is working properly for this post!!!!

No comments: