Sunday, January 15, 2023

Catchup - Jan 13th-15th

Jan 13th

Ohhhhh good morning and what a gorgeous view out my windows!  Cindy you must have one unimpeded by buildings?




And the snow bank has slipped further along the ledge to dropping!  Is today the day it does?


Ohhhh myyyyy!!!  Half hour later WOW!!!  Look what's out there! 



So here's me at the right edge of my driveway about a third into the window.  Wonder if it'll be there when I get home with this sun and blowing wind too.


So us girls walked KP mall and Nestor gave up walking at KP park and joined us, he's already walked 20,000 steps compared to our 3,940 steps.

Now it's our "comfort food lunch"!


I don't believe it!!!!  HONEST with the lovely sun AND strong winds I expected to see it gone!!!!  There must be lots of ice holding it there!

CRAZY!!!!!!!!!

Half the drift is OFF the ledge!!!!

Well it's tea time so I'm posting the first half of today's virtual cruise retreat!  This was sunrise so I say a wonderful day!!!

Darling Sylvia started off the draws winning a $100 GC to her choice of guilt shop!  CONGRATS!!!  YAHOOIE!!!

I was in the Kangaroo Carryio bag class, late transferring, apparently a free video pattern called African Bag but I used 14" instead of 11" paper for the pattern.  But if I make it again it'll be larger.  

Inside of my bag.

Gonna be a book n bottle bag for park reading!
Thank you Edna for the fabric!  ❤

Now both just enjoyed Sylvia's baked Pillsbury cinnamon buns with Chai tea in my very seldom used China mugs!  



Now back to free sewing time and fun and games!

The sisters Kathy and Bonnie alongwith their Committee have done an amazing job again organizing a virtual quilting cruise Down Under.  The afternoon was free sewing for us while others were in their classes and then we had theme appropriate demos, Wanda led us in the Never Ever Have I Done game again and ending with an evening episode of Quilting Family Feud!!!  Loads of laughs!  

Well I've pulled out another retreat older UFO to hopefully finish it off tomorrow and Sylvia is also working on one too with plans of getting her top finished tomorrow.  


Needless to say my hip and leg were giving me grief and had to find some relief!


Well after driving Sylvia home and me rubbing down my achey muscles, I put my feet up and tatted Day 2 of Jane's TIAS (Tat It And See).  Using Lizbeth size 20 colour 167 variegated Jungle Greens.  Don't have even an inkling of what it could grow up to be!  Backside of my shuttles today!


Jan 15th

OHHHH WHAT A WONDERFUL, EXCITING AND VERY LUCKY DAY it's been!  I'm still not back down to earth even after a Chai tea and half a cinnamon bun!

Well my snow bank is still here!  

Then after picking up Sylvia she took my camera and snapped these foggy pictures for me.  

Osborne northwards near Kingston Row.

She brought beef roast and potatoes and I cut up n cooked carrots for our yummy lunch!  


We both continued to work on our UFOs between a couple demos and more draws.  Nope I didn't get a Tim's card I was looking forward too.  While show n tell was on around 3pm half my snow bank fell down, both of us saw it go!


They ended the retreat with show n tell and more larger prizes.  

Well one spin stopped one slot above me and the next a few past me.  Hmmm then the excitement as the $300 Grand Prize spinning wheel slowed down and ON my name!  

Well needless to say I was overwhelmed to tears!  Phew!!!   HMMMM are they going to let us register next year???  😉

Now to pack up, go for supper and then take Sylvia home!  A wonderful virtual Down Under retreat by MPQ and loads of fun!  I can't imagine what these ladies can do at an in person retreat!!!!   Maybe one day we'll see!

So this was what a 6 story snow bank looks like when it hits the ground!  MUSH!  Now that ledge looks funny with half gone!

Mush next to the wall, before the tire track!

Well on our way to Southdale Village Family Restaurant the traffic on Fermor was backed up to Archibald, because of a stopped train, where at least 6 police cars were guiding traffic to stop, turn onto Archibald or turn around.  Hmmmm Cottonwood was also blocked with a long train way north as far as the eye could see.  So I turned around heading for St Vital Mall area and Smitty's.  Hmmm Bishop was also backed up, guess the train was blocking it too!  Now this is totally ridiculous as Fermor is unobstructed by side streets near the tracks - so why haven't they made an underpass there by now at least??????

When we reached Smitty's they were closed for a staff Christmas party!!!  Hmmmm now where?  So we spotty Joey's and had supper there, it was good, but not what I was hoping for - that's life!!!

Then dropped Sylvia off and hopefully both of us are now relaxing with feet up!!!!

Totally awesome virtual retreat weekend with friends!  🥳💗💞

No comments: