Wednesday, January 04, 2023

Catchup - Jan 2nd-4th

Jan 2nd

Here's what Sylvia made me used as a background for the lovely tea cup I received from Katie!  🥰  A very lovely surprising gift exchange.  See she admired my and Edna's Retreat Bags so I made her one so she didn't have to struggle with that pattern (a little hard to follow).  So mystery solved!  🥰

So January 22nd I'll christen this tea cup to hopefully bring me a more calming future!  🥰

Year of the Rabbit

Large retreat bag and folded heart needle case.


I sure can use a slower pace with more adventure this year!


Okay who's cooking something or should I say burning something!  Yeppers fire alarm is going off and im in a sewing mood after a hallway walk!  There are smells on the 3rd floor and people are outside with me.  Good time to check out the window drifts!  Only the south side, go figure!  No fire trucks!



This is my suite, largest buildup and over hang.

I just glanced out the window and saw the sun dancing on the snowbank.  Gotta move fast as it changes faster!!!!  This shows how much it's let go from the window when it started to build up.

and 


Okay I walked my hallway as the other day walking to and from the bus my hip and ankle did not like the uneven snow sidewalks.  This morning I did 500 steps without the tracker and just now used the tracker for a total of 3000 steps!  Better than none!

I'm stealing a page from my neighbour's exercise book, see they walked the hallway on the COLD days!  Siad said today was free but there will be charges for next sessions!  Funny guy!

Total days steps, not my 10,000 but stopped before pain started.

Don't have a clue what this map shows!

Jan 3rd

Gardeners heading to Lt. Gov. Greenhouse.

So beautiful!



Even the Golden Boy was frosty!

Love this!!! ❤

On Canada Life grounds.

I just want a couple more inches in height!!!

OMGG!!!  I think I over did the walking today!  See I bussed it to the Wpg Transit office at 419 Osborne St for my Senior Peggo card, then JUST missed my 16 bus to Island Lakes and the next was in 45 minutes.  So I started to walk and got to Fermor at Dunkirk before I knew I'd not make it to St. Anne's so stayed put and flagged down the next bus to Niakwa Rd.  So it was 2.13 km in 25 minutes but the unevenness was the killer.  

As per Google Maps.

As per my phone tracker.

Today's total!  First time in ages that I made my goal!!!

I'd picked up Freshco fresh pizza and cinnamon rolls to bake and helped Sylvia set some of her new puzzle.  Then bussed it home before walking moreso to meet Edna and walking to Stella's for supper and visit.  Then walked her back home before catching the bus again to go home.  YEAH RIGHT, the 43 to just about my door stalled and I had to catch the 44 for 3 blocks then walk the last two home.  Needless to say I'm rubbed down, meds taken and feet up to get relief!

Okay, I've heard about the car repairs to happen Friday.  See a Denso(?) alternator for my baby is $560 plus shop n taxes.  The one from Honda (Denso part in a Honda box) is $1,000 plus shop n taxes.  DUH, even my garage thinks that's overboard!  So I said go direct please.  Now to call CAA Friday early and get it towed there before 10 am!  I sure hope that's possible!  🙏  I miss my baby for my galivanting!!!

WOW!!!  Another lovely day outside but a somber farewell to Paul too!  It was a service well suited for him and very touching as his life was celebrated by all!






Even a rabbit!





💯% true!!!!!


Okay just back from an afternoon appointment and resting my aching leg!  I've totally had enough walking on uneven sidewalks and I have to go out tomorrow again!!!!  😒  Boy I sure didn't realize how much I depended on my wheels till they've gone belly up!!!  I pray all goes well and it's fixed lickety split Friday!!!  At least I'm bussing on Senior rates instead of Full fares!

No comments: